• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Fascinate's or 1 Droid X + data card?

Freespirit

Sep 22, 2010
With the buy one get one free deal for the Fascinate, I was really set on getting one for me, one for my wife. And I planned on tethering one for a few gb's, then switching with her phone. Was hoping I could get 5gb a month out of it for my laptop.

Just found a local store with the Droid X though. I know it's a bulky bastard, but 2.2 is tempting, and who knows when the Samsung will get it.

I use a few gb/month on the net, so being able to tether that much would be nice. Or I'd have to go $60/mo + 2yr plan for the new data card. Which I'm not sure about since lte is around the corner and if I get the data card now, I'm sure I'd have to pay full price for the lte card. My old lg dare supposedly could act as a data card, maybe that'll work for now?

Well, what would you do in my case? Thanks.

Called this morning, was told buy one Fascinate, get another of the same kind only.

Well, then their new commercial I saw two minutes ago is a lie, because it said you can get any phone you want for free with a new Fascinate, and I don't remember any exclusions. It might not be any free smartphone, though. I swear I just saw this on TV though.

Upvote 0
Well, then their new commercial I saw two minutes ago is a lie, because it said you can get any phone you want for free with a new Fascinate, and I don't remember any exclusions. It might not be any free smartphone, though. I swear I just saw this on TV though.
Yup you saw it right, it was my point in the post above yours. The *611 know their stuff they will do the consumer right. These retail reps however sometimes don't know whats going on. Not trying to stereotype everyone. But this month I walked into a VZW store for help with something. The kid said we cannot do that for such and such a reason. I walked out called *611 and they did it for me over the line while I was in the VZW parking lot :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I ended up getting the X. After giving it some more thought, I'll most likely grab lte as soon as it arrives.

Not sure if you had an extra line and were wanting to upgrade both but the offer is indeed BOGA. Even though you purchased a droid X you can call customer service and say you wanted to take advantage of the BOGA because you're within your 30 day return policy. As long as you have an upgrade on an additional like as well.

If they give you any trouble, respectfully ask to speak to their supervisor. I say respectfully because I work for the company and know these reps have a lot of information to have to remember.

The BOGA offer isn't highly advertised internally. Only reason I know it's available is because I took advantage of it (we are treated same as consumers with upgrades every 10 months) and a couple of friends I am close to did the same thing.

TL:DR - Call them up and tell them you want the Fascinate for free as a BOGA because the promotion is indeed available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones