1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

2 G-Mail PUSH accounts on Android - now possible?

Last Updated:

1. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 22, 2008
    As you well know, Android provides push mail just for 1 G-Mail account.
    I use 1 g-mail account for personal use and 1 for business, and I find the other e-mail program included a real mess....
    However, a couple of days ago I heard that Google provided sync capabilities with PUSH gmail on other devices (Iphone, Blackberry -they had it already - , Symbian, and Windows Mobile).

So what I did is I took the Windows Mobile instructions found here:
    Google Sync : Set Up Your Windows Mobile Phone - Mobile Help

and plugged the settings into my Active Sync e-mail ("work e-mail", the one HTC included in the MyTouch 3g and puffffffff I suddenly got push GMail for my second account as well.

-you cannot archive like in Gmail and you will have to test the different features (does it delete from the server? do folders work?)
    -as of now, only my incoming e-mail works. Outgoing e-mail acts like it's working but it doesn't send and doesn't show in the sent folder.

Feel free to share your opinion (and test) this solution !:)

2. b8b

b8b Member

Nov 4, 2009
    How'd this go? Anyone else try? Are you using the Gmail App for your personal account then?

I had it working perfectly on my iPhone and even got it to archive when I sent email items to the trash. I prefer a standard mail interface to the Gmail App interface, so I was hoping this would work on Android 2.0 as I am getting the Droid on Verizon (bye bye AT&T and iPhone).
  3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    In Android 2.0 , It supports Multiple Gmail accounts so this will be a problem of the past hopefully soon :D