• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 gmail accounts, but keep 1 as my defaul?

I have 2 gmail accounts. One is my primary, and the second I use to sign up to websites, etc (a spam account if you will). I have both setup on my phone, which was easy. The problem is, when I get a new email in my spam account and I go to read it, that email account is now my default. So if I then go to my contacts, click a name to email, the email composition window that pops up is under my spam account (although I want to send the email as my primary account).

All I have to do to fix this is go read an email from my primary account, and then it becomes my default again.

Bottomline: whatever was the last account you looked at, becomes your default account if you click on an email address. Is there a way to make my primary account stay the default whenever I click on an email address?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones