2 hopefully easy questions...Tips

Last Updated:

1. reneeb

reneeb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi cute boys ;)

I need a little bit of help...

1. How do I remove some apps from my EVO? I tried just pressing on the icon and moving it down to remove but that didnt work. Is there a way to remove apps that you put on and no longer want (such as ATK before I learned not to use it?)

2. I think I synced my Facebook contacts because they are ALL showing up in my contacts, which I dont want, because now I literally have hundreds of contacts to scroll past to text the one person I want. If I go to Accounts and Sync, then press FB for HTC Sense then press remove account it says "Do you really want to delete this account? Deleting it will also delete all of its messages, contacts, and other data from the phone. Proceed?" If I do proceed, that should take care of the problem right? I'm scared to press yes, thinking I may be deleting my FB account or something...

Thank you for all the help...be nice in your replies to this Android newbie...

Renee

Advertisement
  2. hellspawn69

hellspawn69 Member

Regarding #1-
    Menu
    Settings
    Applications
    Manage Applications
    (It will possibly take a while to load, be very patient if you have a lot of apps)
    Then you can select what you want, and choose to uninstall it.

I would answer #2, but I have a conference call I gotta hop on. :)

Klaskimo, frankiepapa and reneeb like this.
  3. reneeb

YEA hellspawn---thank you! Now if someone could answer my second question I'd be an extra happy girl!!!

Renee

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

#1 is done easier by just opening the market and hitting downloads and the selecting whichever app and hitting uninstall.

Apps>People>View
    --UnCheck "Facebook"

Klaskimo likes this.
  5. reneeb

but my FB wasnt checked. What I am doing is going to the "messages" icon on my home screen, then clicking "new message", then clicking the little person icon at the top to scroll to a name and THAT is where all my FB contacts are as well as my regular phone contacts. How do I get all the FB contacts out of there?

Thanks!!
    Renee

6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I see that now. Perhaps just type the persons name in the box instead of scrolling through the names. I know that doesn't answer the "how to?", but might be a little easier.

reneeb likes this.
  7. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

I don't have an EVO yet, but I do know it's almost impossible to delete your FB account through the computer at least. From what I've read, even if you purposely deactivate or delete your accout, FB just stays in a deactivated state, so that if you log back into your account, everything comes back as normal.

So i would think it's safe for you to delete that from your phone, even if your FB account gets deleted, you should easily be able to log back into your FB account on the computer and restore everything