2 Incs, display looks different, which is wrong?Support

Last Updated:

1. eatingchips

eatingchips Member This Topic's Starter

I made a thread regarding this but it was merged into the AMOLED vs SLCD thread. Making a new thread more specific about which Incredible to keep and not about SLCD. I very much would appreciate people's expert opinions.

I was given a second Incredible as an exchange. I noticed the displays are different. I now need to return one of course, but I'm undecided on which one looks better.

Uploaded the pictures I took here: Flickr: fiction's Photostream

The pictures are blurry, sorry about that. But if you note the color, it should be fine as it's not a matter of sharpness.

The left phone is always the same as is the right. Pictures were either taken at max brightness or the lowest brightness.

Some things I found:
    - Left phone has a slight tint (more noticeable when brightness is higher), right phone as a more obvious purplish tint (more noticeable when brightness is lower).
    - Left phone, colors are slightly 'washed' out by comparison because the right phone has better contrast and saturation (don't know if it may be too saturated though). Text pop out more as a result on the right phone.
    - On high brightness, white and black look more accurate on the right phone.
    - On equal brightness, left phone is brighter than the right. Well the grayscale looks a bit off, that is left phone shows a lighter gray vs the right phone.
    - On either grays the tint comes out, it's more apparent to me on the right phone. That is it has a purple tint in the gray. http://www.flickr.com/photos/manual/4932638348/in/photostream/ (look at the top taskbar)

Are both really poor displays?
    Is the purplish or yellowy tint normal? It's most obvious to catch the tint with brightness all the way low, try it with your phone?

If you took the time out to read this, thanks! Means a lot in helping me figure out what I should do.

Advertisement