2 Issues -- 1 Major: No 3G w/ Voice & Low MemorySupport

Last Updated:

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Member This Topic's Starter

(ETA: I'm using the 1st gen Verizon Motorola Droid)

1st problem:

I have 3G service wherever I go.

However, once I access the phone, dial a number, and hit "send" the "3G" disappears and I have crappy sounding service. This happens NO MATTER where I am. I've done the *288 or whatever it is for new programming of towers. I've turn off/on several times. It doesn't fail. Whenever I go to make a voice call -- reception SUCKS! It's like I'm back in the stone age with this thing.

2nd problem:

I always get the stupid little icon up top saying I have low memory. I have everything that will move to the SD card already there. I really don't have that much crap on my phone. The SD card has less than 1gig of data on it, and the phone storage always gets full even though I often dump my texts and phone log.

Again, any help?

Thanks everyone!!!

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

On the 3G part, thats normal. when you initiate a voice call or text, the CDMA radio switches off the data signal to use voice frequencies. this is a limitation of the CDMA radio and the reason we can't surf the web while on a voice call. as far as sound quality, could be a hardware issue. I am on my 3rd droid, previous 2 had earpiece speaker issues and got to where the volume output was barely audible. does the sound quality sound bad on speaker phone?

On the memory issue, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, select the "ALL" tab, then hit the menu button and select "sort by size" click on each of the "big" applications and select "Clear Cache"

See if that helps your issue.