• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 issues w/ Atrix 2

macguru42

Lurker
Mar 6, 2012
Unlocked, running ICS, stock ATT rom, outside of ATT service (Brazil)

1. I am unable to setup a hotspot. I get a notification: 'Account not setup for Mobile Hotspot' Since I am not an ATT customer, or in the US, can I get around this?

2. Often , when leaving WiFi coverage, the cellular data connection does not activate. I have tried toggling the WiFi off to no avail. When this happens all I can do is reboot the phone. Known bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, macguru42. I'm sorry no one has answered your questions, but this particular board isn't very busy. (I have an Atrix 2, too, by the way.)

Unlocked, running ICS, stock ATT rom, outside of ATT service (Brazil)
That's going to make the pool of potential helpers even smaller. :(

1. I am unable to setup a hotspot. I get a notification: 'Account not setup for Mobile Hotspot' Since I am not an ATT customer, or in the US, can I get around this?
Sorry, I have no idea.

2. Often , when leaving WiFi coverage, the cellular data connection does not activate. I have tried toggling the WiFi off to no avail.
Again, I can't really help. I always keep my phone in airplane mode since I'm usually at home and am always connected to my wireless network. I only turn airplane mode off when I specifically need to, like when I go out and want to be able to make calls.

When this happens all I can do is reboot the phone. Known bug?
Why not try toggling airplane mode off and on? You shouldn't need to reboot the phone to get your data connection back. I have a widget on one of my home screens that toggles airplane mode, but you can do it from within settings, too.

Reactions: macguru42
Upvote 0
Why not try toggling airplane mode off and on? You shouldn't need to reboot the phone to get your data connection back. I have a widget on one of my home screens that toggles airplane mode, but you can do it from within settings, too.

Thanks MoodyBlues, this DOES fix the issue with connecting to the wireless data outside of my wi-fi.

I was also able to root my Atrix 2 and install BootMenu Manager, so I am now looking for other non-ATT ROMS to try.

I also found instructions to enable the Hot-Spot option, which now turns on and allows other devices to connect, but it does not pass any data. :thinking:

Thanks again for your feed back!
Randall

Upvote 0
you said you have rooted your Atrix 2 AT&T ICS 4.0.4 right?
I been trying to root mine for a while but had been unable to do it for some unknown reason, so would care to help me root my Atrix 2 AT&T?

*your help will be much appreciated*
@Madhy, you might want to post your questions in the Atrix 2 - All Things Root subforum. But, unfortunately, it (and this board) are not very active.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones