2 market apps always downloading

Last Updated:

1. GClax24

GClax24 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running BB v.05 w/ Chevy no 1 ulowV 1.0Ghz

Whenever I switch batteries or restart my phone, a lot of my apps need updating (updates that have already been downloaded). Also, Beautiful Widgets and the southpark photohunter (something a friend tried to download for a reason unknown) are in a constant state of downloading. When I try to cancel the downloads, market simply offers the "Sorry! the application market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." pop up.

Along with those problems, I tend to get a security update change notification at least 2 or 3 times for the email application (not the google one) every time I restart my phone.

After searching forums the first day I encountered these problems (when I got the bb update) I decided to just ignore the problems until people had time on their own with their new setup.

Anyone have similar problems or a solution? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Numark

Numark Active Member

I've the same exact problem as you with an almost identical setup (BB v0.5, Chevy kernel), but the two apps that seem to be in a constant state of downloading are Rom Manager and Remote Notifier.

3. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

click menu and cancel download and redownload same

GClax24 and Numark like this.
  4. Numark

Numark Active Member

Thanks it worked! I just long held them and pressed cancel like you said.

5. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

i guess my problem was different cuz i tried that first and market would crash every time, no problem

6. Numark

Numark Active Member

I had the same problem as you do, with it crashing each time I tried to cancel it, but the key is to cancel it by long holding the app in the downloads list (where you see all of your apps) and a window should come up with the option to cancel the download that way.

GClax24 likes this.
  7. GClax24

GClax24 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any ideas on the email security updates?

8. sfmarcopolo

sfmarcopolo New Member

To clear out constantly downloading apps. go to system/applications/market app and market download app, and clear out both applications cashes.

9. sfmarcopolo

sfmarcopolo New Member

To clear out constantly downloading apps. go to system/applications/market app and market download app, and clear out both applications cashes.

10. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

I had a couple of apps that would always want to be downloaded, then always failed installation. I deleted both apps with titanium backup and reinstalled from market. Then they all lived happily ever after. Ever after. Can't take credit for this, it was suggested by another poster in this forum. CM6, Chevy#1 1200MHz kernel, Droid. And lovin' it.