2 Months with the X10i: Not ImpressedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ColinMcF

ColinMcF Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have had my X10i for two months now but now am getting quite sick of the little niggles that is making me regret buying this phone.

I have rooted from R2BA016 to R2BA023 Firmware Version 1.6. I am on O2 in the UK.
    First things first I am still getting really poor battery life despite using Juice defender and setting my screen brightness at 10%. I very rarely makle calls but I do text frequently as much as 60 txts a day, with occasional WiFi use and WAP/GPRS net use on the go. I still have to charge my phone every night. Another problem I have noticed is the battery was at 32% and I decided to try my T-Mobile sim card in. Switched on the phone again and the battery was now at 15% and flashing Red LED coming on. WTF I only took the battery out changed the sim card and put it back in and the battery level had halfed. Not impressed at all. Last night I charged the phone for 7 hours and within 15mins of standby time the battery went from 100% to 92% again WTF. I have everything turned off BT, GPS, WiFi even 3G is off.

Most annoying though is applications automatically running when a don’t even use them. Before I put my phone on standby I use the Task Killer App to kill all apps except Juice Defender. Then say after 10 mins on standby a check the Task Killer App again and find things like FaceBook, Moxier Mail, Mesaages, Mediascape, TimeScape, Google Mail all running. WHY WHY WHY are these running when I haven't even touched the dam phone.

Whats the latest Build Number for the X10i in the UK and is it worth rooting again from 023
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

Realistically, all Android smartphones battery life is less than stellar. It's unfortunate but true. Of course, smartphone battery life isn't typically good in general. If battery life is your main concern then Blackberry is the best bet for that.

However, it seems like your problems point to either a program that is killing the battery or your battery itself may be bad.

I had poor battery life when I first debranded with a generic R2BA020 ROM. I am now running a generic R2BA026 ROM and my battery is lasting all day. I use my phone all day for email, sms and phone calls. I do a little browsing but mostly just links from emails. I have had about 25-30 percent battery left when I go to bed at 12-1am and I can live with this. This is much better than any other smartphone I have used (other than my Blackberry from work).

Seriously, smartphones eat battery juice. The Blackberry is better but only because it's not doing as much really.

3. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I'm on RB20 and I get great life (I think I mention this daily). 3 days with light use (A bit of surfing, some wifi, a few texts, a couple calls, a bit of MP3 player. Wifi, 3G and BT are always on.

Since your rooted, download titanium and uninstall anything you don't want. I'd also go for the mugen power 1800 mAh battery. Check and see what is draining your battery as well.

I have stopped using Juice Defender all together and it hasn't affect my life one bit. I only use the task killer widget as well - but I might stop using that too. I put my phone to sleep with stuff open and as long as it's not something that is continually drawing info (like a GPS program), it has no effect on my life either. Android was designed to multitask.

4. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

Me to...except mine are not niggles - i just hate the dam thing!!

Cant see the problem as your not using the phone and your asleep???

All phones are like that..its suprising how much booting a phone takes out of a battery - but how accurate is the battery indicator??

The phone charges to 100% then it will automatically discharge back to 90%, then it will kick in again back to 100%. This protects the battery so you dont over charge it or keep it fully charged

Google have said that these will run in the background but it has no effect on the battery life...dunno if its true or not. Some discussion here:

Need help with Xperia x10 - Android Forums

I have R2BA026 on my phone and i get on ok with it...normal use during the day takes the battery down to about 30-40% thats withs calls, texts, net, checking email and facebook etc. When i first got it come about 5pm i had to charge it for 1hr to make it last the rest of the night!!

Forgot to add...all smartphone's battery life are poor - just think what the phone has on it and its still a small battery

In the old days when i phone was just a phone they batteries were alot better - but they never had a 4" screen (some AMOLED), sat nav, internet, mms, apps etc etc

For what the battery has to cope with...it does pretty good if you ask me

5. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member

just post this for you to see my avatar , reading 2 days and more from usage battery heavy, so search for solutions. turn automatic updates off etc

6. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Yeah, all smartphones seems to have bad battery life. Blackbrry seems to be the best, but that it because it's so limited in capability. Most EVO/Incredible guys have issues with battery life as well.

The iPhone 4 was praised for it's life in a review where they went 38 hours on one charge with moderate use. I can match that for sure on my X10, so to me that means I'm getting good life.

My friends with iPhone 3GS's say they might be able to go 1-1/2 days at best.

7. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Same here. 1-1/2 And i hammer the phone.

8. Helenw

Helenw Member

I agree. Have found that the battery life has improved (not significantly) since the update. I can usually get away with charging every other day now. Mine actually managed to send someone a text today all by itself and the other day when it was on the charger it answered all by itself so I am reluctant to charge it unless I am close by because it looks unprofessional.
    Sony X10i
    Fw 1.6
    T-Mobile