2 new issues after update

Last Updated:

1. mrosenberg

mrosenberg Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, after updating my phone yesterday and then factory resetting, I was very happy to see my awake time down to about 15%.

Prior to the update all my contacts were "phone" contacts as opposed to Google, so I used a combination of exportcontacts and Astro to backup and then reinstall my contacts. I noticed that after the update, I no longer had the choice of showing just my "phone" contacts in "People", which was super annoying because I have over 1000 Gmail contacts that automatically synced to my phone. Interestingly, in Handcent and the phone dialer, only the "phone" contacts show, but I was still annoyed about the "People" widget showing everything. So this morning around 7 I used the browser to search for advice on this, noting that battery power was at 100% and awake time around 15%. I didn't use my phone for about 4 hours after, and when I "woke" it, battery power was at 33% and awake time was all the way up to 80% (as in it hadn't slept since I used the broswer).

I rebooted and awake time has been 100% and the battery life is draining like 4x faster than it ever did before.

To recap, 2 problems:
    1) Awake time is back to 100% (even though for one night it dropped after a reset, keeping in mind I did not install Locale or TasKiller, which were supposed culprits of 100% awake time)

2) In "People," my phone is showing all my contacts, and I can't seem to find the option to show just "people".

Help!!!

Advertisement
  2. heimy25

heimy25 Active Member

Similar to what I'm going through with awake time...

I'm so frustrated with all this. I hard reset after the update, phone was sleeping again, then after charging it over night it is back not able to sleep again. I soft reset this morning after unplugging it, and it is at 100% awake time. I know that before I plugged it in to go to bed, my phone was sleeping. Something triggered it during the charge?

3. mrosenberg

Well my phone "slept" through a full charge. Something must have triggered it while I was searching through all the settings to try and find a way to not show the google contacts. Now that I know it's only about a 30 minute ordeal to reset, I might just do that again and try to pay close attention to what point it stops sleeping.

4. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not understanding your People issue, but are you saying that while you're in People if you go to Menu > View you don't see check boxes allowing you to select among Google, Exchange ActiveSync, and Phone contacts to display? I got the update this morning and that functionality is unchanged for me. I still have only my phone contacts shown.

5. mrosenberg

sprucebeach, that is correct. When I first got the phone I was able to chose "show only phone contacts" but now in Menu > View it says "contact source: phone (106)" with a check mark, and then a dropdown menu under duplicate contacts which I have selected to "phone" but that's also not working (it shows multiple contacts for the same person if there is a phone and a google contact).

Thoughts?

6. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

Hmm. That's exactly the way I have mine set up and I only get the phone contacts shown. The only difference between us seems to be that you've backed up and restored your contacts. Could they have all come in as "phone" in some esoteric sense and are therefore getting shown? I'm out of my depth here, I'm afraid.

7. mrosenberg

you could be right, in which case I have no idea what to do.

8. mrosenberg

Oh, after checking partial wake time in Spare Parts, the blue bar for Android System is about 7/8s full. That would likely explain the 100% awake. Does anyone know how to fix this?

9. civEX

civEX Member

Mine is also now at 100% wake time now since I restarted it today. This happend twice to me already. First time I factory reset it and reinstalled everything. Again now? Come on! :mad: Verizon droid is looking better every day now. So far I have factory reset it, installed my apps, and configured it to my likings 6 time already. I just got it last week friday.

10. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member