2 part question

Last Updated:

1. mueron2000

mueron2000 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have never flashed a rom using anything other than rom manager which I am having issues with. If I want to flash a rom without rom manager, is it as easy as placing an update.zip file into the root of the phone and installing using sprecovery?

Also, to get back to sprecovery from clockwork without the use of rom manager, would I need to do this using rsd lite like when I originally rooted my droid?

In case anyone was curious, I was attempting to update rom manager in the market when it became stuck before installing...everytime I tried to cancel the download the market forced closed on me. I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall rom manager and download again to correct this but now when I go to install it in the market, the screen is still there like it is in the process of downloading, which it isn't, and my only option is to hit cancel download but then the market force closes. I also tried long pressing rom manager in the market to cancel the download but this does nothing. phew. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Try clearing the Market cache. Go to your application settings, find the Market and clear everything, then see if you can download ROM Manager.

As for installing ROMs, you can use the update.zip format with SPRecovery if it's on the root of the SD card, or you can install any .zip format ROM with Clockwork Recovery without renaming it.

You can flash recoveries various different ways. If you have the actual Clockwork Recovery image file, I believe you can flash it via ADB. I don't know the command off the top of my head so I'd have to check, but I would try clearing your Market cache frirst.

3. mueron2000

mueron2000 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hot freaking dog that worked! That's been driving me nuts for days. I guess I should have come here for help in the first place.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Glad I could help :)

mueron2000 likes this.