• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Phones - 1 Google Account for Apps??

bucketheadmn

Feb 17, 2010
Saint Paul, MN
So my wife and I are getting our HTC Hero's tomorrow provided we catch the UPS truck. One thing I have been wondering and trying to figure out is setting up each phone so that once we purchase an app it is usable by both of us. Currently on our iPod Touches we just use the same iTunes account so that solves it. Is it possible to do this as well on Android phones and then also have another main Google account to sync with (in our case it being a Google apps account) so that we each get our own email and calender's?

Follow up bonus question for you readers:
If the above is possible is there any problem have a Google account with the same Google Apps email login (ie joeblow@domain.com as email in apps and then joeblow@domain.com as google account name) as well? I use my apps email as my Google account login for Picasa, Reader, etc... for other Google Services not in Apps yet.

Thanks for any insight and tips you can provide in this set up!!

Using the mail app you can setup as many email accounts as you need (using IMAP) but you can only use one gmail account (apps for domain or normal) for your main google account. This account will be used for the gmail app the people app and the market. So you can share one account which will allow you the purchase an app once (but this isn't very ethical). The down side is it will mean that all your contacts sync to one google account though and the gmail app will be tied to this account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones