• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 pocketcasts problems

these 2 problems happen several times a day and have been happeningsince i reinstalled pocketcasts a few months back.

Both of these issues do not happen all the time, just randomly but can happen several times a day as i listen to podcasts alot

1. if i have paused a podcast, and then go back and press play later, the podcast starts over at the biggening, not where i left off.

if i try to fast forward to get back to where i was, the podcast starts over again.

so i have to play another podcast and then go back and replay the podcast I was originally listening to...then i can fast forward back to where i had originally left off.

2. I'll be listening to a podcast for along time and then pocketcasts just shuts off. When i go back to the pocketcasts widget on my galaxy s4 it does not show the podcast image i was just listening to, it has no image at all and is empty.

anyone experience these issues or have a way to solve them?

getting frustrated with pocketcasts, wish there was something better out there. If someone had a similar UI/design layout but better search capability

pocketcasts only searches episode title names for keywords, not descriptions....so if i want to search for someone by name who might be interviewed on a podcast I'm not subscribed to and his name isn't in the title....it won't show up in pocketcasts search

ridiculous

off the rant, thanks for any help with my issues

Search does not find keywords in the description.

Android is in the title of Mobile Roar Episode 37: What to (Android) Wear.

Examples:

1. If i goto a popular podcast like Marc Marin, Episode 593: Henry Winkler, description has "The Fonz" in it....search for that term, no podcast results.

2. Adam Carolla Show, April 7 episode, description has "new Everclear album" in it, if i search for "Everclear", no podcast results.....If I search for the entire term "new Everclear album", no podcast results.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones