• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 problems, timescape and clock

haramis

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Just got this phone a couple of weeks ago, having some issues already.

First thing i did was install a task manger. Since i did that the timescape tile on the home screen is frozen on a msg i recieved a few days ago sying it is an hour old. I can click the tile and it goes to the timescape ap no worries, and no issues, but it still wont update the home page tile. Not sure if it is tsk killer related, just happened around the same time.

Second problem, i have noticed when i am at work in the afternoons the time changes, it is consistantly 34minutes behind. Only seems to happen in the afternoons at work.

Something else im noticing while ranting on here. Im having trouble with the a key, it will mke the typing noise and vibrate but rarely appears, im having to press and hold any time i want to use it.

Anyone share any of these problems or have any solutions?
thanks in advance
Haramis (^.^)

The first 2 issues are almost certainly task killer related. Add timescape to your ignore list on the task killer and in the Time and Date settings, stop it from updating automatically and set it yourself as the task killer is likely screwing with it.

I have the same problem but with the space bar, but it doesn't happen all the time, i'm afraid I can only suggest try being extra careful when using that key, if that makes a difference then it's you, if it doesn't, then it's just defective.

:)

Upvote 0
Have you tried updating your X10? I had the same problem with my TimeScape but since updating the firmware (which you can do on the phone - Settings>About Phone>Software update or with the SE Update Suite [SEUS]), i've had no problems with it. And I have a task killer installed and often kill TimeScape :p. The clock is ignored though. The update should also fix your problem with the keys not always registering. The outside keys were notoriously bad for not registering, especially if it were the first key you pressed but, again the update apparently fixes this. I personally can't confirm as, I never really had a problem with it anyway and I use the HTC_IME keyboard.

Upvote 0
Hi ya

I used to have the same problem with the stock keyboard. I downloaded the HTC_IME keyboard from the Xda developers site.

Here is a step by step guide that I followed to install it

http://forums.se-nse.net/topic/48906-installing-the-htc-keyboard-on-your-x10/

Also there is a chap called Gimpsta on the Xda site who has created a programme with which you can skin (customise) your keyboard. You get to choose the button style/background colour/number colour/hard key colour etc.

Its all pretty easy (if I can anyone can!) to install and works much better.

I have Advanced Task Killer and if you long press on any app you can select to ignore it which may be what you need on the Timescape front.

Upvote 0
i had the same prob. my timescape wasn't keeping up and i was confused and thought my phone broke lol. knowledge is really fun. i had installed some task managers and so many junk stuff and since knowing this forum, i just reset my phone to default and start everything afresh, making sure i do what i have knowledge of to make best use of my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones