2 questions 1)Navigation audio 2)ringtone sound when using panda

Last Updated:

1. JerseyShovel

JerseyShovel Member This Topic's Starter

In my car I am currently using a cassete adapter plugged into the earphone jack. 2 things I noticed.

1) When listening to audio (panda) Nav cuts out the music and speaks it's direction extremely louder than music was playing. Anyone know if there is a seperate setting for the Nav's volume?

2) When listening to panda and I recieve a call, panda goes silent but there is no ringtone. at first i thought panda was buffering but when i looked down at the phone i had an incoming call. Normal? Did I dumb thumb something?

I don't think it would be a big problem when it is in the car dock but i haven't used it. on the windshield it's too far away and my car doesn't have any flat surfaces close to the driver.

Last thing, with this setup phone call audio comes through the car speakers and with phone on the passenger seat my caller said the call clarity was better than my last phone.

Advertisement
  2. rvonder

rvonder Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem, but using Bluetooth. My car's built-in audio/nav system connects with the Droid, downloads the phonebook, and lets me dial or answer from the head unit or steering wheel. It all works great, except I was trying out the Google Nav and found that I hear no audio from the nav when the BT handsfree connection is active. I could understand this if I were also using the BT profile to direct multimedia to the car's system, but I'm not.

I was under the impression that the A2DP Bluetooth profile was separate from the HFP (handsfree) and OBEX (object exchange) profiles used to connect to the head unit for phone operation and to download the contact list, but I can't find a way to tell the Droid I don't want the A2DP profile to be active for the car's connection. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this?

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

1) I believe that Nav volume and call volume are managed separately...you can adjust them so they are aligned. I believe there may be a setting to keep them in sync, can't remember.

4. JerseyShovel

Found out how to adjust the volume for the nav. Also picked up a motorola motorokr t505. works great. pauses the music, nav through the BT. haven't tried making call by voice dialing i'll try that tomorrow. but everyone is saying that it doesn't work through the BT. so my hopes aren't high. Now if it would pair to a second phone and be used simutanously between phones like my plantronics explorer i'd be happy.

5. jffry

jffry New Member

hey JerseyShovel which volume setting did you adjust to tone down the Nav Voice while also listening to music via the cars audio? I am having the exact same issue, and its driving me crazy. :eek:

6. JerseyShovel

If i remember correctly when in nav mode just adjust with the volume button. i think i adjusted it then started pandora. let me know if that works for you if not i try it out again when my car gets out of the shop. Hard to remember things brain cells are failing me! :)