2 questions about alarms & notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a Moto Droid noob, but have two questions. I'm using the stock calendar:

1) If I set my default meeting notification to 5 minutes, I get an audio notification, but I DON'T get one at the time of the meeting. Is there a way to get an alarm to ring 5 minutes before the meeting AND at the meeting time

2) Is there any way to customize the notification sound? I've used Ring Droid to make a custom ringtone for the phone, but that doesn't seem to show up in the list of notifications ringtones (except as "use default").

Thanks in advance! I'm loving this phone so far!

Advertisement
  2. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

i notice the same thing with the calendar notifications... havn't fond a work around yet.

as far as using ring tones you've made... check out Rings Extended v1.1 Application for Android | Tools it will allow you to use any sound file as a ring tone. Anytime you try to set a tone, you will be prompted to use either Andriod System, or Rings Extended...

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The best thing I can think of is to schedule your 10:30 meeting on the calendar at 10:35, then add 2 notifications, one 10 minutes before (which will go off at 10:25) and one 5 minutes before (which will go off at 10:30).

Seems silly to have to do that, though...

Great tip! Thanks... I'll give it a shot.