2 Questions Before Android Phone Rooting Tethering

Last Updated:

1. northfly

northfly New Member This Topic's Starter

Does the rooting and tethering process safe? I am afraid the phone rooted is more vulnerably be hacked.

Second, if I rooting and tethering the phone following the web introduced procedure, will it save me from the verizon's 20 dollar tethering fee? How about T-mobile? Thank you very much!

Advertisement
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

#1 no rooting will not make it easier to be hacked rooting has nothing to do with this. All a root does is basically give you administrator privlages.

#2 yes you can root to bypass the tethering fee.but it is still breaking thier policys so in other words if you do this just dont go crazy using data or you could be caught and your service terminated.

northfly likes this.
  3. northfly

Thanks, I see every rooting process need to copy lots of file into the phone, will these file have virus or troy something like that...

4. northfly

now these android phone is more like a computer than a phone? so, basically, I can remove all operation system and reinstall a whole new android?

Some linux have automatically upgrade, if I rooted the phone, will I be able to upgrade automatically?

5. davidnmegan6907

first what device do you have?

and no these wont have any harm to them. I have personally done it myself with no problems and there are plenty of other people in here that have also.

You can do different ROM's and kernels. I dont know anything about automatic updates.

northfly likes this.
  6. northfly

I didn't get a phone yet! My determination will come from these knowledge. Thanks.

7. davidnmegan6907

O ok got ya..are you with a provider yet? Or trying to make a decision about that to? There are plenty of amazing phones with almost all the providers though.

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

One caveat about rooting, it does give you root acess... But if someone gets their hands on your phone it also gives them root access too.

9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :)