2 questions - Camera cover and switching carrierSupport

Last Updated:

1. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok first off, let me just say I absolutely love my phone. Pretty much everything about it makes me smile. I got it the first week it came out (got it at Best Buy - only place in Tucson with it in stock) and have loved every minute of it. I surf these forums (just registered today though) and noticed people with battery issues or stuff like that. I have none of that and usually get a day and a half of battery life if I dont use lots of apps or play games. I have one issue though!

My first question is with the camera cover... the little plastic/glass cover over it really. My phone was getting a lot of dust under the cover of it and it was bugging me. So I took it to a Verizon store and they did a warranty replacement for me. The lady told me "Im not supposed to do this but I'll do it this one time." so I said thank you and was fine with it, but then she told me to go get a case to prevent it happening again. Well.... first off there I havent really seen a case that covers the camera part, and if there was one, I wouldnt want it as I use the camera a lot. Anyways, my replacement phone was fine for about 3 weeks and then I noticed the red ring was a bit loose on it. The sticky tape kinda came off a bit and now there is dust starting to get under this one. Should I be bothered by this or am I overreacting?

Also, a question for the future. I know my dad wants to cancel with Verizon and get a cheaper plan with a different company. Problem is, we're on a family plan so if he switches my bill will skyrocket. Im currently 21 and have a shitty job... so Im wondering if there is anyone who knows of a guide to flash the Incredible to Cricket service (I know its not that good of service, but it'd be 1/2 the price of me on Verizon alone). I know it can be done, but I dont feel like paying a guy $50 to do it for me. ACTUALLY FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS, SIMPLE ROOT AND UPLOAD A ROM I FOUND FROM A GUY. IGNORE THIS QUESTION ;)

edit: Just noticed I posted a novel, sorry lol

Advertisement
  2. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

If your dad cancels with Verizon, he is going to run into a cancellation fee on your line for you Incredible. I believe it is $350. Just a warning.

3. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I know. I can pay that I just refuse to pay 100+ for my phone