• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Questions

I saw a thread earlier and cant find it, so how do not scroll through all my contacts for a name and just use a letter to find it?

How do i save a pic from a txt message?

Thanks!!

1.- When you have the dialer up hit <- Tap to see smart dial tips.... Or let's say your trying to call Dad hit the coresponding letters on the dialer ex 323.
Or your friend Monique you can spell 666 and matches will start to pop up :D

2- Long press the pic. :eek:

Upvote 0
I saw a thread earlier and cant find it, so how do not scroll through all my contacts for a name and just use a letter to find it!

I have this same question/gripe. From the "people" shortcut (the default phonebook it'd seem), there's no search option that I see. Am I missing something here? There's a separate shortcut I can add for "people search" but unfortunately that program includes the aggregated list of contacts from facebook and gmail beyond just my address book. I want to be able to search JUST the address book. Is this possible, or is there maybe a recommended app for this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones