2 QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Slingky

Slingky Member

Hi guys!

I have 2 questions for you.

1. I create an APN for my provider in Canada who is Fido. and Internet on device is working but it always display "E" for Edge, never 3G even though I have access to 3G and speed is ok. is it a bug or what ?

2. I downloaded latest Google Maps which is supposed to support search by voice. But how to use that feature ? I don't find Google Search by voice in the market...

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. hollowroom

hollowroom Member

1. Have you got 3G networks turned on in your Galaxy wireless settings?

2. Samsung Galaxy firmware does not support searching by voice as far as I know, and when I asked Samsung UK about this (having seen it on Cupcake Heros) they said there were no plans to do so either.
  3. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I'm almostly entirely certain that you will not be able to get 3g with a galaxy on fido. It's the wrong 3g frequency. I'm amazed you didn't find that out before you ordered it..

Maps doesn't support voice search in canada on the magic. might be the same on the galaxy. don't know though.
  4. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Canada uses 850/1900 MHz (the same as AT&T USA) for 3G frequencies. This isn't supported by the Galaxy, which uses 900/1700/2100 MHz for 3G.

You could sell yours and get the i7500L, which is supposed to be the Latin American release. Apparently it has 850/1900 3G bands...
  5. Slingky

Slingky Member

holy shit !

sorry...

:-(

I hope you're wrong... I ordered it on jr.com unlocked....not supposed to sale a lot to americans, no ?

arhhhh....