2 Quick QuestionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jpzsports

jpzsports Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. When I turn on my phone, the boot up with the Droid mascot and the HTC logo is extremely loud. Is there any way I can lower the volume on this? Does the Media volume control this?

2. Is there any way I can find out the ip address my phone is using when it is connected via wi-fi? I know you can set-up a static IP, but I'm just trying to see what my ip address is without using a static one.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Wifi Analyzer (farproc) will show you this at the top of the AP list page (Menu -> View -> AP list).

Or you can type the command "ifconfig tiwlan0" into a terminal app ( and get the router's LAN interface IP and MAC address with "ip neigh ls" FTW ).

There might be other apps that show similar info; note you can get the last (private) router's public IP address with a visit to http://www.whatismyip.com.

cheers

eu1

3. smacky

smacky Banned

The startup sound is controlled by the side volume buttons, yes. It will always vibrate that one time when it first turns on, but can be controlled after that.

4. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

If you have the Media volume all the way down before you shut the phone off and reboot, it will stay silent when the phone comes back up.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

My mistake, he's right. I had my phone on silent and it just randomly restarted a few minutes ago for me and I didn't even notice it, despite it sitting right next to me, until I saw the robot dude waving at me out of the corner of my eye. Creepy.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

my kids love the robot guys, they make me restart my phone for them at least once a day.

7. jdub71

jdub71 Well-Known Member

I love that this is user controllable! I keep telling people, the customization of WM with incredible app selection.