2 Refurbed Doids and same issue

Last Updated:

1. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My sister and I both received refurbed Droids today after each going through 3 Eris's....now both of us when we make a call the person on the other end cannot hear us but we can hear them. Has anyone else had this problem at all? Haven't done much digging on the Droid side of the forums since we just got them today after having an Eris.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

On every call, all the time?

3. mental

mental New Member

try them on speaker phone if they can hear you then your gonna have to go back for yet another replacement

4. bowerman

bowerman Guest

It is not a problem with the phone. It has to do with the noise cancelation built into the phone, to kill background noise. The problem is, you have to hold the phone correctly or else YOUR voice gets cancelled out! Make sure your holding your phone against your face, with the bottom pointing directly towards your mouth. If you try holding the phone with your shoulder, it will cause the issue also!

5. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Steve Jobs!!! :D

LOL sorry, couldn't help it:p

6. bowerman

bowerman Guest

HAHA yea, I guess it does a little. I have always been an Apple fan, but that issue was a BIG oversight. Maybe they could start selling 'iGloves'... that way your hands wont touch the antennas lol.

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

8. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

i got a refurb droid too and i have the same problem

9. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my phone it is hit or miss and my sisters phone it is all the time...VZW said it is all a software problem and an update is coming...her only solution was to give us each a headset to use to talk on the phone. Does anyone know if this is a software problem or is it a flukey hardware problem.