2 Simple Questions - Assign Ringtones & Organizing Sound Files

Last Updated:

1. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, I just figured out how to set up ringtones for individuals. You have to set up groups.

HOWEVER, can you tell me how to ADD contacts to groups. Thanks

===================================================

Second, with respect to homemade ringtones, where do they go. I used to know on the blackberry they would just scan. then on my first droid, I had to put music (no one knew) but I had to put ringtones and notifications in media/audio/ringtones THEN media/audio/notifications

Now I know that can't be exactly the same because I see a "Sound" folder. can you tell me in what way I need to set up my sound folders, i.e. where to put them

Music?
    Ringtones?
    Notifications

Advertisement
  2. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

You might consider getting Ringdroid. It's free and it makes the whole process very simple. I play music on on my home computer (think youtube) and record it with my phone and set up my ringtones that way. HTH

eric0668 likes this.
  3. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Robinelli, what part of the above question does the Ringdroid help with. I make my own with Audacity and love it. But I do it on the desktop.

And I know a lot of others do that

So I am assuming this app plays a part in the process of either making the ringtones like I do, BUT ON THE PHONE or it gets involved with the assigning of ringtones to contacts. i.e. takes over the process, in spite of which way the phone has it set up to be done natively

4. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

You are correct. This is what I do.

1. Make ringtones on computer.
    2. Copy it to the phone.
    3. Open Ringdroid.
    4. When you are in the process to cut the ringtones. Just select the ringtone you made earlier and have it cut all of it.
    5. It will save as a compatible ringtone format by default and you can assign it to individuals.

Try it. It works.