2 small questions! new userGeneral

Last Updated:

1. francojs

francojs Member This Topic's Starter

hello everyone! received my N7 last week and it is my first tablet and it is the first time i have a android os, slowly getting familiar with it, but so far, its great!

question #1

i have 2 small questions, the first one is concerning the calendar, i am trying to add my gmail calendar, but it is not working!

first, like everyone else, i am trying to add an event, but i am getting the message that i need to add a calendar account. when i click to add one, it says my gmail is already added..and when i go to settings, i see 2 emails, my old hotmail, and my new gmail.

when i choose my hotmail account, it is it is not sync, etc, that is perfect, because i dont want the calendar to sync with this email address.

but when i choose gmail account, i have the option to add 2 calendars, canadian holidays (im in canada) and beleive or not, my hotmail account =(

what am i doing wrong?

question #2

my second question is about internet, when i try to go on sites that have a mobile version, it is pushing the mobile site to load instead of the regular site, is there a way to tell chrome to load the regular site? is it the request desktop site in the options? i tried that, but it still doesnt work..for only 1 site i must say i didnt try 5 or 10.

Francois

Advertisement
  2. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

for the second issue in chrome tap the 3 dots and request desktop edition

francojs likes this.
  3. francojs

when i do this, the site gives me an error message (this site was not designed for etc...) and i stil see the m. instead of the www.

well, if its impossible, nothing we can do

thanks!

4. candroid11

candroid11 Well-Known Member

What sites are you trying to access? There's no reason for requesting the full Site to not work.

5. francojs

it is the french canadian national TV site like BBC but it is CBC for canada

m.tou.tv

www.TOU.TV

thanks for the help!

Francois

6. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Well-Known Member

To sync your calendar got to settings accounts and sync and click on the email you want to use, then check sync calendar.

Hope I helped.

francojs likes this.
  7. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Its an issue on the website

francojs likes this.
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Are you trying to watch the videos? They look like Flash videos, which won't work anyway. I can't get them to play cause I think (since my French is horrible) that it says I'm in a different country.

9. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

http://translate.google.com

EDIT: it tells you that the content is not available in your country

breadnatty08 likes this.
  10. francojs

i can see the videos fine on m.tou.tv..
    its just that i thought since i have a 7 inch tablet, i could use the normal site..but no worries, as long as i can see the videos!

for the calendar, i found the mistake, its amazingly confusing, i named my gmail calendar my hotmail address...i have no idea why i did this back then when i register my gmail address, i looked everywhere, i cannot see where to change my calendar name, weird!

thanks a lot of the help everyone!

Francois