2 things I dont like about the Hero

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

So I currently have an HTC touch pro and I am trying to decide which phone to upgrade to in March, the Hero or the Moment. I love everything about the Hero except 2 big things that have me leaning towards the Moment but I am wondering if they can be fixed.

1) The onscreen keyboard: Its complete junk if you have big hands and nearly impossible to type with. I have heard there is a virtual keyboard for download. Is that larger and easier to type with?

2) While online, you have to exit out of the browser and back to your home screen to view any texts or emails. Seriously? Thats ridiculous. Please tell me there is a way around that.

Advertisement
  2. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member

Just hold down the home and it will show you the current apps you can switch between. The keyboard, try the calibration tool in the settings. Like any new phone you have to readjust.

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

U can just hit home in the browser, and the browser will still be on the same page. And this was typed on my hero in portrait mode, with large fingers. It takes a couple days to get used to it, but the predictive text is amazing and extremely helpful

4. mbell75

So if you are on a web page and want to access your email or text notifications, you just hold down the home key? Then what happens? There is no drag down screen to get to your notifications like most other Android phones.

5. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

When you hold the Home button a menu appears with your most recently used apps.

6. tatonka_Hero

Just tap the home key to go home. Holding only shows the most recently used, which might not be what you're looking for. You won't lose the webpage you were on

7. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

I honestly felt the same way at first about the keyboard, but...this is by far the best onscreen keyboard I've tried/used

and dolphin browser show the notification bar at the top while you are browsing

8. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

You don't want a moment for every one problem the hero has the moment has 5 more and the keyboard is nice i never had a on screen keyboard and I love it now

9. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

if you want to access your notification bar while on a webpage all you have to do is press the menu button and select bookmarks. your notification bar will appear. i do it all the time.

10. mbell75

So I went to play around with both phones and I see what you guys mean. The keyboard on the Hero isnt that bad. Its kinda small, even in landscape but the predictive text does a great job of knowing what you meant to type if you make mistakes.

Holding down the home key brings up the 6 most recently used which may work ok. Still frustrating you cant drag that notification screen down though, I might try that Dolphin browser. Everything else seems much better on the Hero than the Moment. Even with the faster processor, the Moment didnt seem that much quicker.

One thing that concerns me though is the upcoming 2.1 update. Will the hero be able to run that with its hardware or is it going to be laggy? Guess having to wait till March to upgrade will give me a chance to see before I make my decision.

11. tatonka_Hero

I don't think the hero will have any problems with 2.1. HTC will have sense modified great for the hero.