• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 things im never getting into ever again

Sento

Jan 19, 2011
i am now 26 years old and as i get older i get so tired of people in general and society.

2 conversations i will never partake in again

1. people who try to say iphone is better than android

2. people who try to say that god loves and cares about us

im tired as hell, and i never really cared about vanity - my car and my face = 'nuff said, and i just wanna get trough life smoothly, and i guess its best to just let stupid people believe what they want.

like seriously, my nexus 4 is years old and runs smoother than the iphone, and if you look at the 4s on ios 8 its laggy as hell. apple intentionally pushes updates on their oldest model just to slow it down and they force you to update because couple days after the update they stop signing ipsw, you can't downgradae to the previous ios, so its either keep ur iphone laggy as hell, or get a new one. my n4 is running like the day i got it.

srsly the 4s has 512 mb, the new iphone 6 has 1gb ram..WTH (dont even try that "software optimized" bs) - and all the apple people compare their iphones to the 100$ adnroids and say android sucks, but the reality of the situation is that no iphone can come close to a nexus device. I HATE PEOPLE AND SOCIETY SO MUCH

nevermind

Last edited:
i am now 26 years old and as i get older i get so tired of people in general and society.

I am twice that plus 3 (you do the math :p). Let me offer you some fatherly advice.

2. people who try to say that god loves and cares about us

#1. Where's the fun in that?

You may never be able to show them "the error of their ways" but it's always a good mental exercise in logic. Just remember that the more zealous they become the more stoic you should be. If it's the other way around, you're doing it wrong. ;) :D

#2. Millions have died and civilizations have crumbled because god loves us. :rolleyes: Nobody ever gets into an argument over whether our mothers love us because everyone believes they do. What would you say if someone walked up to you and said your mother loves you? You'd look at them crossed-eyed and say "so?" Well ... remember what Voltaire said: "God created man in his image and man returned the compliment."

I HATE PEOPLE AND SOCIETY SO MUCH

Welcome to humanity. :)

Upvote 0

srsly the 4s has 512 mb, the new iphone 6 has 1gb ram..WTH (dont even try that "software optimized" bs) - and all the apple people compare their iphones to the 100$ adnroids and say android sucks, but the reality of the situation is that no iphone can come close to a nexus device.

mutley.gif

Put the phone down, walk away from the laptop, unplug your dongle and get some fresh air. Learn a musical instrument, write some poetry, put some shelves up, take up running, watch some football, share a romantic sunset with a loved one... and stop wasting your time on things that make you unhappy....
2069-1.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My sister has a 5c and HATES the new update because her phone is slower and apps don't run like they used to. Yet she still loves ios because she hates android, so she's in a predicament that places her to love one because she MUST hate the other.

A phone is a phone. I don't even bring up conversations comparing the two because trying to change someone's mind is pointless. My dad keeps saying he should get a new phone. He has a little flip phone, good for calling and texting but he doesn't text. I tell him... Why waste the money, you don't even want anything that the new phones offer.

And bringing religion in the argument. I think lunatic says it nice. Religion is what it is. That's a conversation I just completely avoid.

Upvote 0
I don't know but i just feel like i dont belong in society, and i had a suicide attempt 2 years ago which left me in a rough condition but once i just feel like there is 0 point in living.

also i hate how people always have to 1up each other i freaking hate it and so stupid. even in offline polite societies they will do it and try to be more subtle, "oh, actually my son just got a full ride scholarship, so we are very excited
smile.gif
'

"cool my son just got a job as the regional director, it sure is exciting!
smile.gif
"

or

"yeah, my husband is actually the manager of the whole section...it can get kinda hectic but that's life when you marry an engineer!
smile.gif
"

i just wish i could die and stop existing forever right now.

Upvote 0
As someone who has long suffered from varying degrees of depression, I highly recommend you seek out some counseling. What you are feeling isn't an indication of the world gone wrong or your inadequacies. It's a disease, like the flu. Left untreated it could get better, but it can become a much worse problem.

Trust me. I know what it's like to sit there and think that everyone's life has to be better than mine. At this time of year it gets worse. You are not alone in those feelings, believe me. And, most importantly, it will pass.

Upvote 0
As someone who has long suffered from varying degrees of depression, I highly recommend you seek out some counseling. What you are feeling isn't an indication of the world gone wrong or your inadequacies. It's a disease, like the flu. Left untreated it could get better, but it can become a much worse problem.

Trust me. I know what it's like to sit there and think that everyone's life has to be better than mine. At this time of year it gets worse. You are not alone in those feelings, believe me. And, most importantly, it will pass.
Yep, I've been in counseling and medications for many years now , even been impatient at the state hospital for 6 months (which i feel damaged me more because life there was quite traumatizing) - I've made progress but unfortunately its not a quick fix like everyone thinks it is. in fact the mental health system even in this day and age is quite flawed and full of providers who just don't understand, which is why suicide rates are going up, but in the end the pharmaceutical companies are making more and more money each year.

but the bottom line is that people who dont fit the mold of society, gays, people who are attracted to kids, people with "mental illness", etc are automatically labeled sick or criminals while everyone else deters attention from themselves to make those who stand out more easily stand out more.

in the end the biggest thing that helped me was when i realized 99% of my upset feelings come from when other people say or do something to me, so as a previous poster suggested its best to just turn off the computer and find peace by yourself. which actually why i turned off many features on my phone to make it more of a dumb phone and keep me grounded with myself, instead of getting rolled into the crap of this world.

im having a rough day so i ended up posting here, but honestly its best i just alt+f4 and go for a drive, cus more likely than not people are just gonna make ya feel worse by giving judgmental advice without understanding your situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry if anything I said sounded judgmental. I do understand where you're coming from, because I've been there ... done that. I agree with some of what you say (especially about the pharmaceutical companies), but disagree on other points. We've all got to find what works for us individually. If disconnecting from society makes you feel better, i can't say anything against it.

Society wants you to fit in. If you don't there is incredible pressure to either "fix" yourself or "be fixed". If you don't want that then you must find your own way.

BTW, if blowing off a little steam here makes you feel better, let 'er rip. We've got a lot of ears at the ready, some will be more sympathetic than others, as you well know.

Upvote 0
Honestly I don't care what other people use. All phones do basically the same thing. They call people. They text people. They go on the internet for Internet things. Ios, Android, Windows who cares? Can't we all get along and not judge people based of the device they CHOOSE to use.

My best friend uses an iPhone. I don't care because I still text him all the time.

My other friend uses a Windows phone and loves it. Whatever, I can still get in contact with him.

Reactions: Scritterz
Upvote 0
Dear Sento

I used to have serious problems in life... I have my own problems today... everyone does in some kind of way....

Now... the problems I used to have are a DROP IN THE OCEAN compared to what I have today! ;)

My life has become soooooooooo much easier... I hung on like shit rubbed into every inch of a carpet :D:D:D

I used to think that people were "out to get me" and sometimes I would see things that were not there... I had both positive and negative symptoms of schizo... nothing to sneeze at... super super scary ....I used to literally not be able to recognise myself in the mirror... freaked out at absolutely NOTHING... and remember it is nothing! ;)

Today.... my life has seriously TURNED for the better! :)

Long time ago ... I put a gun against my head... I was oh so close to pulling that trigger and ending it all out of hatred and what not... I almost jumped off a bridge because I just could not take it all and hated humanity... I have attempted suicide more times than I can count... I have been to hell or my own version of it... but you know what?

I CAME.

I SAW.

I CONQUERED.

AND I ****ING CONQUERED IT AND LOOKED THAT BASTARD DEAD IN THE EYE AND IT BECAME MY BITCH.

I had serious serious problems in life... I was hated at school despised by my "friends" and was told I would "never be like other people" and was just a "failure" and would "never be like other people".... and you know what buddy?

WELL I AM DAMN GLAD I NOT LIKE OTHER PEOPLE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH - **** OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE NARROW MINDED AND CANNOT SEE JACK OR AS MUCH AS I SEE

I AM SPECIAL AND I BLOODY KNOW IT.

Do not look too much... do not see too much... do not think too much... do not feel too much... unless it is the positive kind! ;) you are champion... you are a master... you are a king... you are 1 of a kind and I really mean it... you are gifted ...not the other way round... I used to think I was "cursed" as well... I used to think it was "unfair"... what a shame it would have been to have taken my own life.... can you imagine not speaking to me now?

I cannot even begin to imagine how much of a GREAT decision it was to stay!

To stay in this world and LIVE.

What a shame that would have been if I had taken my life.... now THAT would have been a shame!

A real shame indeed because people like you and me are super rare!

You are not cursed... you are GIFTED

You have these gifts for a reason

Of course people choose to ignore the truth! because this is what COWARDS DO

The torch bearers... the bringers of light... the rule breakers.... the pioneers... the people that when we are told to "get back into line" we are clever (and right) and say "what line??? .... I don't see any line!"

LOSERS and weak people that are too afraid will run from the truth and will not even bother to try and understand where you are coming from or what you are trying to say! ;)

These people are a nonevent and not worth your time.... please hear what I say carefully .... they are a nonevent!

People that won't even try to understand you or hear what you are saying no matter how small - are a non event in your life. People that are not positive and constructive are not worth it.

Think about it.

I wonder if people... people like you and me... the "tortured souls" ... the tormented... the very knowledgeable ... the "see right through you" .... the mold breakers ... I wonder if deep deep deep down inside... I wonder... if people like you and me.... people like us - if we are not tortured at all... but just super super super super gifted.... that others cannot (refuse? or just dont want to? .... there is a huuuuuuge difference between can't and don't.....)

I wonder... if we just see... if we see far too much and struggle to comprehend how stupid man kind is all around us... how pathetic the man that screams and yells down the road at how some body forgot to turn the light off or something so meaningless and insignificant ... the person that forgets to say thank you for the eyes in his or her head and the air that he / she can still breathe... the feet on his / her legs...

A good happy positive and constructive piece of advice would be to remind yourself that everyone is actually misguided in an interesting way... that everyone on this planet is actually a little bit mislead...

The world is not your responsibility and just remember that do not let what stupid people say get to you!

I used to be very sensitive to what other people say... there are many ways to skin a cat my friend! ;)

And I will say this ... a saying I made up all by myself to help me out at those difficult times :) ....

"Curiosity didn't always kill the cat! ... in fact curiosity tried to cure the cat of cancer... invent the wheel... and break the sound barrier!" ;)

Take care my friend...

If you ever feel lonely ... if you ever feel like no one understands you... let it be known that you are so so so not alone in the suffering and pain that this world ... many people have and will continue to suffer... some people have suffered so much more then you and I could ever dream of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_van_Gogh

An interesting thought for you if you ever feel like going there... or wonder if you are alone... because I want to make it extremely clear that you are not alone... ask yourself this very important philosophy of life...

"It is not the speed I am moving at... it is the DIRECTION I am moving in!"

Regards

Stinky

Upvote 0
"Curiosity didn't always kill the cat! ... in fact curiosity tried to cure the cat of cancer... invent the wheel... and break the sound barrier!" ;)

Stolen for future use, when I'm feeling a bit negative myself and need a kick up the backside. Your cheque's in the post. :)

Thanks for the uplifting and positive words. You're quite an inspiration, fella.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Stolen for future use, when I'm feeling a bit negative myself and need a kick up the backside. Your cheque's in the post. :)

Thanks for the uplifting and positive words. You're quite an inspiration, fella.

Thank you Sluggy! :D

Lol lots of people seem to like me :D thank you man :')

xD

LOL ... but ... :D
Copyright2.jpg

xD

lol did you ever hear about Nikola Tesla and Marconi and the patent infringement over who was the first to invent the radio? :)

Upvote 0
Honestly I don't care what other people use. All phones do basically the same thing. They call people. They text people. They go on the internet for Internet things. Ios, Android, Windows who cares? Can't we all get along and not judge people based of the device they CHOOSE to use.

My best friend uses an iPhone. I don't care because I still text him all the time.

My other friend uses a Windows phone and loves it. Whatever, I can still get in contact with him.

Exactly! It isnt usually a problem with normal people but with fanboys things go uckly. my old friend (appleboy) uses imac, mbp, iphone, ipad, iXXX and I havent spoken with him for two years. And only because he prefer facetime (although it didnt even worked when it came, and messages) and refused to use skype or any other than apple apps. So, iWhatever! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones