• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Troubleshooting Questions. Please help.

Kurzze

Lurker
Nov 30, 2011
LKSD
Okay. So I am new to this forum(Literally just signed up), So hopefully you guys can bare with me. I have two "Noobish" questions.

1. When installung a large game on to the phone. (Ex. Sacred Odyssey, Modern Combat 2, etc.) Generally Gameloft. It asks the user to download extra data. So when UNinstalling a game like this. I feel like i'm not getting back all of my space(if that makes sense). Does it uninstall the game and the extra data you had to download? Or does it lurk somewhere in your device? and is there a way to fix this?

2. I signed up for Google's "Android Market". And when installing a game on to my phone. It says the device is a "HTC Desire HD" when i have the HTC Inspire 4g. Someone explain?

Sorry in advance. Just kind of getting on my nerves.

1. When installung a large game on to the phone. (Ex. Sacred Odyssey, Modern Combat 2, etc.) Generally Gameloft. It asks the user to download extra data. So when UNinstalling a game like this. I feel like i'm not getting back all of my space(if that makes sense). Does it uninstall the game and the extra data you had to download? Or does it lurk somewhere in your device? and is there a way to fix this?

Ive always wondered the same thing.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!

Not sure about your 2nd question.

The first question..

Normally those extra large files you are asked to download are stored in your external sd card or the data portion of your internal sd card. Nonetheless, those files are usually not stored in the same partition for apps. If you want to double check, use your file manager and browse for a folder called gameloft (or something like that) and you should see those files.

If you end up uninstalling that app, make sure to delete that folder too if you want that extra space back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones