• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
First off I would like to apologize to all the kittens, but I was just curious. Will the update make it possible to watch videos on websites like cnn or cubs.com. They all say phone cannot play videos. Thank you and once again sorry kitties.

Attachments

• kitten.jpg
    kitten.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 56
Not likely. Due to hardware limitations, most current android phones will get a dumbed down version of 2.1. Case in point, both my Cliq and your Eris. Flash 10.1 is a no go for us, as the processors are weaker than ARM V7. Likewise, most non-youtube formats are apparently not supported. Even gif animations are likely off the list. I read from my mobile buzz app that first gen android phones such as Cliq and Eris MAY not handle live backgrounds as seen on the Nexus One, but only time will tell. We'll know some time before July 1st.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones