• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.x rumors and discussions

now the acer has been announced to be getting 2.0... goodness mt3g is just being left in the dust.. its getting pathetic and sad

:)
Have you considered applying cyanogen rom?
I do like the features cyanogen rom posses but too lazy to go through 20 minutes process. So I was hoping to receive 'one click and update' process..
Will probably wait till the end of Jan then root it.
I seriously doubt it will make it any faster than it is now however.

Upvote 0
wow people.... calm down.... The MT3G was released when? Like August or something? I highly doubt that we wont get an update for a new os. I mean come on... IMHO The phone is too new for them to just abandon it. I would bet that larryccf is right about them probably holding off to try and help push the "nexus". Doesnt it just sound so much nicer "get the nexus with 2.1" while the mt3g is still runnin 1.6? To me it makes the nexus sound like that much more of a sweeter phone! I think once its been out for a bit we will finally get an update.

as for zoom zoom... Are you slow or what? Of course I would hope that a new os would help some of the lag issues of a phone. WHY THE EFF do you think they release updates???!?!?!?!!? TO HELP fix bugs and make a phone run more smooth... I got the storm when it first came out and it was so laggy and choppy... but over time with new updates and such the phone started to run smoother and faster....

so again people... calm down... I highly doubt theyll abandon a phone after 4 months of it being on the market... I mean it could happen.... but do you honestly think they would do that? I dont....

Upvote 0
as for zoom zoom... Are you slow or what? Of course I would hope that a new os would help some of the lag issues of a phone. WHY THE EFF do you think they release updates???!?!?!?!!? TO HELP fix bugs and make a phone run more smooth... I got the storm when it first came out and it was so laggy and choppy... but over time with new updates and such the phone started to run smoother and faster....

so again people... calm down... I highly doubt theyll abandon a phone after 4 months of it being on the market... I mean it could happen.... but do you honestly think they would do that? I dont....
Non-sense. Where do you get if I am slow or what statement?
I never made statement saying the update would fix any bugs or work on any glitches. As for optimizing the OS to run smooth is COMPLETELY different than making it any faster. So PLEASE have you facts straight before you start sound foolish of yourself. We have too many dumb people on the planet already..

Upvote 0
thats all i have to say for this post... .... lag makes a phone run slower... thats what lag is.... fixin the lag will make the phone run smoother. causing the phone to run "faster" not any faster then "top speed" but allowing it to run at "top speed". So what im saying is for someone who is experiencing lag most of the time... without the lag their phone will run faster... so yes... an os update should make a phone run smoother and faster then what it ran on the previous laggy os. have a good night kiddos....

and the reason i asked if you were slow is because i would think it would take a "slow" person to not understand that an updated os should make your system run faster and more efficiently.

"If you felt it's been laggy the whole time, why were you praying for the update? Did you feel that the update would make the device run any faster?"

that along with your
"I probably do know much more how they work and I do know what to expect from such devices."
and "No offense but your post makes no sense at all.."
Give me the assumption that youre "smarter" than everyone else... and if you know "what to expect from these devices then you of all people should understand that new os should make a device faster..... btw since you know what to expect from such devices... which devices and os did you help create???

Upvote 0
I spoke to a T-Mobile rep today, didnt no shit about 2.0 update for myTouch... Somebody here wrote that they wait till the Nexus is out so more people go for it, which makes sense, but on the other hand, why would they announce this mind blowing myTouch sale just before Christmas - 99 dollars for a phone with a 2-year contract? I was not sure whether to go for myTouch or wait, but when I saw this deal, just couldnt resist, man, now im pissed a little, koz i wouldve gone for the nexus if knew it was coming... So I dont think the waiting for nexus is the reason for not updating to 2.0; besides, people are surely not going to buy nexus just because of 2.0 ...

These people from the bogus website remind me of the sects announcing the end of the world - first it had to happen in 1999, then 2000, now they say we all die in 2012:)))

Upvote 0
These people from the bogus website remind me of the sects announcing the end of the world - first it had to happen in 1999, then 2000, now they say we all die in 2012:)))

That's exactly right. When Jan 5th passes with no update, they'll predict some other future date. And when they're finally correct by virtue of having predicted every date on the calendar they'll say "look! We told you so!" lol

Upvote 0
you guys are hilarious and so right... you would have though the same about the drodi. o they wont update the mytouch tilll the droid comes out so 2.0 can go there first. no the mytouch wont get the update till nexus? please. all these other phones are announcing updates while the mytouch hasnt even been mentioned in any concrete rumors. even if you don mind all the bugs in 1.6 and are happy with your phone , you still have to atleast be pissed about the fact that HTC and Tmobile are so far leaving the mytouch in a standstill

Upvote 0
Now rogers has confirmed a 2.1 update for the magic in canada. This is getting rediculous! Verizon has 2.1, sprint has the hero getting 2.1, rogers has the magic getting 2.1.. WTF TMOBILE, why are you holding out!!!

now rogers has confirmed 2.1 for its magic. effectively leaving tmobile as the only major north american carrier not to mention crap about 2.1 and its existing phones... grrrrr

Upvote 0
Now rogers has confirmed a 2.1 update for the magic in canada. This is getting rediculous! Verizon has 2.1, sprint has the hero getting 2.1, rogers has the magic getting 2.1.. WTF TMOBILE, why are you holding out!!!

patience is a virtue. :)

Now that the Magic will be getting 2.1 on rogers, I'm pretty confident that we'll eventually get a 2.x update at some point.

didn't they say that the Rogers Magic will be getting the 1.5 Sense UI very soon, but won't be getting the 2.1 update until around mid-year 2010?

I bet we'll be getting it around then or even sooner...depending on if the MT3G moves to Sense or not.

does the Rogers Magic have 288MB Ram? Since the MT3G only has 192, I wonder how that would affect the MT3G upgrade options.

Upvote 0

It seems Tmobile is very irresponsible for their products support. They should at least announce whether they will have the update or not and when that's going to occur.

I am getting to a point where I am about to root and install CM soon.
*not because I want to make it run faster but I do love some of the features they provide. Wahhaah

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones