$20 - 2200 mAh Extended BatteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. allenb

allenb Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I got this from China, with the 2X batteries + back. I get 24-30 hours with fairly moderate use, and 36-48 hours with light use, and could probably get close to 3 days if I didn't touch the phone, and a week in airplane mode.

So I think it's worth it. For $5 and a week extra waiting, you can buy from a chinese dealer, get 2 batteries and a desktop battery charger, too..

3. allenb

4. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

Looks good. Buy it and keep us updated.

5. allenb

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I got a 3000mah battery from hong kong . Works great better life then the 2150 and slightly less life then the seidio 3500. all in all it's a great battery and I really like the feel on the back on the phone. I'm not using an extended battery anymore but when I did I'd say it was the a great buy

that being said there were a few people who got these batteries from HongKong who had them work really well for a week and then slowly started lasting less and less . It's a crapshoot you may get a good one you may not

7. allenb

I ordered one for $20 simply because it shipped from my state, California. Should make return much easier if needed.

8. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member

I just ordered one of the batteries listed in the OP in this thread. Has anyone had personal experience with this one yet?

Seems the OP opted to get a 3000mAh one. I am assuming the 2200mAh is slimmer than the 3000 and 3500, which is why I opted for it. If I don't like the performance/size, I will try the 40$ 1750/1800mAh ones that I have seen around.

Experimenting with these aftermarket batteries won't cause harm to my phone, correct?

9. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Honestly I think all the Hong Kong batteries 2200,2600,3000,3500 are all the same battery with diffrent lables . I have one that s 3000 and another 3500 they both are roughly the same . Great value for $10-$15 , I really like the back but after a few falls it will crack and will become some what loose.

You're not going to hurt your phone with these batteries, some people have gotten bum batteries that have slowly started to not last as long . It's a crap shoot

10. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member

God this thing us huge. Use of this battery will be reserved for when I travel or intend to be away from a charger for a very long time. Doubles the size of the phone. Can't they make something only slightly larger than the stock battery, like 2000mAh?

I'll use my 1800 + red battery cover for now. Hopefully storing this battery won't kill it. Should I use it a few times to condition it first? (Yes I've read the posts saying Li-ions don't need conditioning.)

11. Lanky

Lanky Well-Known Member Contributor

I just ordered one of these 2200 mAh batteries on eBay for 6.50 (free shipping). This seems too good to be true for the value and the power, but I will post a review after I get a few uses from it. It does not require an extended backing either.

1.jpg

2.jpg

12. CrazyBiker

CrazyBiker New Member

2200 and not requiring a extended cover unless it is powered by Plutonium :p. I think it is a smaller capacity batter inside the cover. Good luck!

13. raderator

raderator Member

One of mine fell out. Not really necessary, I guess, but I'm a fusspot.

Edit:

Sorry. Posted in wrong place. Please delete.