$20 droids

Last Updated:

1. patio87

patio87 Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been to Verizon twice now, and I've mentioned these $20 droid deals, and two separate employees have tried to talk me out of it. The one today told me that the droid offered from these sites are likely an older harware version, and aren't as good as the newer motorola droid, that they had upgraded some parts that were defective or something. Is there really any reason I shouldn't by from these places online?

AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

Advertisement
  2. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

read the fine print

3. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

I say the VZW rep is blowing smoke up your ass. They want you to get the phone from them on not a place like Amazon, or Wirefly, or Walmart online. These phone are the same as in the store. These places get a commission for the first 6 months or your service and they pass part of that down to the customer in order to make the phones cheaper.

When ordering from places like this pay attention to the plan that you are getting. For the first 181 days you can not lower your plan or add any kind of savings discount from your employer. If you do you will be charged a fee to cover the cost of the saving of the phone. This fee is also separate fee than the early termination fee from Verizon if you disconnect your service during the first 2 years.

4. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

AmazonWireless Instant Discount Policy

When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.