• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2008 BMW M3 Bluetooth Probs

6476d0ce.jpg

Before froyo 2.2 i could bluetooth to my car.

Now I can't even get sh*t on bluetooth to work.. Do i have to root my phone to fix this or what?

6476d0ce.jpg

Now I can't even get sh*t on bluetooth to work.. Do i have to root my phone to fix this or what?

It was opposite for me. When my Droid was on 2.1 it would not connect to my Mercedes. Once I got the 2.2 it did randomly. I have recently switched to the Droid 2 which come stock with the 2.2 and it pairs perfectly with the BT in my MB. I am not sure about the root thing because I am not rooted. The 2.2 OTA might have done something to your BT sensor.

Upvote 0

Have you tried to unpair your phone and re-pair it?

There have been instances where it won't pair if the screen is locked (doesn't happen to me though).

I have a 2009 3 series and it pairs with the car fine...

Upvote 0
Software updates on my Bimmer always mess around with my gadgets, not just my phone.

If you recently got one for your E9X, that may be the problem. Do other Bluetooth devices pair? If you have an earpiece, does that pair to your Droid? Gotta troubleshoot it that way.

BTW, 2.2 pairs fine to both our 08 and '10 Bimmers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones