1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

2010 ces

1. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

How many of you think that HTC/Verizon might anounce something at CES? Either the new PassionC or Bravo comeing to Verizon???

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

I think if nothing is heard by then its bad news. Verizon has their Droid launch push lasting till the 26th. So 2 weeks between that and CES. I'm hoping.
  3. I think people simply need to face it that Verizon is not getting a great android phone like the nexus or bravo. They spent countless millions on moto droid marketing and they are not going to throw all that away next month my getting a superior phone like the nexus or bravo. This verizon we are talking about, they are always and will always be one gen behind the times when it comes to smart phones.
  4. xmonkey

xmonkey Well-Known Member

lol @ onion
  5. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

If you look at their marketing campaign, the Eris is an afterthought. However, in the VZW stores, the employees push the Eris as a better overall phone than the Droid. At least that has been my experience.
  6. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

I'm going to CES. My focus will be on smart phones and tablets. I will be posting what I see each night.
  7. Eris never got very good marketing because of its outdated hardware.

In the end both phones are =

Moto Droid has superior hardware (other than the useless keyboard)
    Eris has superior software.

If Moto Droid and Eris has a baby you would get the Passion or Bravo.

Unfortunately all the evidence now points to Verizon NOT getting a snapdragon equipped phone soon. :(
  8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

even if the passion/bravo/nexus one is coming to verizon I dont think we will hear anything at CES. We wont get one of those phones until atleast sometime in February if at all
  9. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

Maybe if you're a pessimist. The optimists among us see the reports from Tawain that talk about the Passion coming to the US in January, along with all the other rumors, and we are pretty hopeful and confident!
  10. Ya, you're right....but on GSM networks NOT on Verizons. It already have been confirmed.
  11. VaDivot

VaDivot Well-Known Member

The only thing that has been confirmed is that the Nexus One will be sold running on TMobile's 3G network. That is it! I dont necessarily believe its coming to verizon any time soon, but not one single thing has been confirmed to say that it isnt.
  12. xmonkey

xmonkey Well-Known Member

How long before the Eris came out did we hear about it coming to Verizon?
  13. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

Yep, he's correct. +1
  14. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member

Youre more likely to hear when something IS coming rather than it not.
  15. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

I think we should riot if Verizon only announces WinMO & RIM devices :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  16. alewifebp

alewifebp Well-Known Member

We will hear about the Palm Pre Plus and Pixi at CES. Seeing the Incredible at the event would be great, no doubt.
  17. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

lots of people are pointing at CES to be an announcement of the next 'high end' verizon android phone from htc to be up there with the droid. htc consistently has been saying they will have another android phone 'very early 2010'. also from someone in the verizon forums who works with verizon claims he has contact with an htc rep that has informed him of a mid january release of some phone. very high hopes that the htc high-end phone (not the budget eris w/ 2 year old hardware) will be coming out within a month. i returned my eris and im going to use my old LG until it does ;p htc ftw!
  18. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

ya i really wish i could go to ces almost every sales guy i work with will be there and i noticed the htc booth is in the same hall and just down the isle. i hope they go over and play with it if it is there and can tell me what they think.
  19. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Pre FTW!? Anybody? ....
  20. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

Pre Plus.

Perhaps I will skip android if the Pre+ is decently enough spec'ed. Or maybe there will just be a very tough decision for me if Pre+ and the Incredibly/Bravo/Passion/Greatgoogleymoogley are both announced and both look amazing.
  21. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

No thanks. Could care less about WebOS, and hardware-wise it's inferior to the Eris.
  22. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

Totally agree Kyler. +1