• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2011 Sprint Lineup?

I want the nexus s. I. know it OS wishful thinking to think sprint would get it, but it looks awesome. I have an upgrade January 1st and I am hoping something good is out by then. I like the HTC incredible size and speed, just don't know about adding a keyboard to it for the evo shift 4g. I am still going strong with my hero, but really need a better screen and processor.

Upvote 0
I did see a picture and read about Samsungs new "flagship" phone comming out in late January and or February. I do not remember the site naturally. It was as thin as an iphone, AMOLED screen, 8MP camera, 1.5GHZ processor. It looks like it will blow the Epic away. Not sure what carrier it will be for though. More than likely they will have it for all, just with a name change and a few body design tweeks.

Exclusive: Samsung 'flagship' phone with Gingerbread and huge display coming in early 2011 (update) -- Engadget

Not much info out on it that I can find. Looks sweet though...

Upvote 0
Sprint needs to get a Moto Defy or Moto Bravo like phone. Real affordable and lots of bang for the buck. I mean, 99 Bucks for a 3.7 inch WVGA screen running on a powerful 800mhz processer which can run live wall papers as well as play 3d games? Every carrier needs something like this... This is a true middle end device, way better than the low end ones and not up to the level of the high end ones.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was just reading this article about the Shift.
Waiting for the dual cores to roll out was the only thing making me question buying this phone.
If it really does roll with a dual core, there will be no question any more!

HTC Knight/EVO Shift 4G Passes FCC, to feature Android 2.2 and Possible Dual-Core Processor | Android Phone Fans

With today's battery technology, I am not sure I would be so excited about dual cores, unless they somehow make them super-efficient.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones