21% Of Americans Believe in Witches

Last Updated:

1. zep

zep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Three in Four Americans Believe in Paranormal

:smh:

Really people?

Note: with a current population of 310,040,775, that means that there are roughly 65 million of my fellow Americans who thinks that if a girl weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch. :D

Advertisement
  2. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

I believe everything I see on tv. so yes you are right that is true

3. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Why reference a poll from 2005?

I doubt you will get >80% agreement on any on topic/subject. At the end of Bush's (43) term he was still above 20% approval IIRC.

The only exception to the above that I know of is Congress' approval rating as a whole (~11%), but come on it's Congress we're talking about so they don't count. :D

4. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I'd rather have people believe in witches than believing that than believing that the government should be able to decide how much you are allowed to earn and if you earn more than that, they're going to take more of it away.

You look just as stupid talking about either.

5. WAdude

WAdude Well-Known Member

I dont see why people waste their time on such things. More important things out there.

I believe in Sasquatch, jk. But if they ever asked me if I believed in witches Id make up BS about how my neighbour is one.

6. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

No way, I saw Sasquatch at Gen Con 5 years ago. I think she ate some of the children. :(

7. WAdude

WAdude Well-Known Member

Im for real, I saw that bad boy in the woods of North Carolina.

[​IMG]:eek::eek::eek:

8. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

21% of americans believe in witches? hmmm this could easily be a very accurate number.....

take the percentage of males vs females in america

now of the males.... take the percentage that are married......

this is how many americans believe in witches :)

foreWard likes this.
  9. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Sasquatch is much more believable than witches, at one time there was a real animal that matched Sasquatch's description: Gigantopithecus.

I really do find it hard to believe that 20% percent of people believe in witches though. In fact I find all of the studies results hard to believe. Can the general population really be that stupid?

10. WAdude

WAdude Well-Known Member

It could be the result of rural places. I've lived in rural North Carolina, the stories and myths there are scary, Im sure that had some Influence on peoples belief of witches. Have you heard of the Devils tramping ground, Itll make you poop your pants.:eek:

11. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member

Heck...at least 25% of Americans believe Sarah Palin is intellectually qualified to be POTUS. Is there a huge crossover between those who believe in witches and those who believe in Palin?

You betcha.

[​IMG]

12. WAdude

WAdude Well-Known Member

WTF, no, you got it all wrong, witches are thought to be green. But they really are blue. If Sarah Palin was a witch, I can not imagine what Hilary Clinton would be, :eek::eek::eek:.

13. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Most men believe in witches, after they have been married a couple of years. LOL

14. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

55% Believe in Creation rather than evolution; so that only 21% believe in something real like witches is no surprise.

15. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

I have no problem with witches, but sadly most of the US ones seem to be of the "dancing naked in the woods" variety, and my skin is just too sensitive for that - plus I have no patience for endless chanting. I much prefer withes of the harry potter variety. here is your stick, here is your spell, no go do something. at least those are straight, to the point and produce practical results.

Too bad they're all make believe.

16. WAdude

WAdude Well-Known Member

Too bad?! Too good man, it would suck having witches flying all over the damn place. We'd be living the scene of Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost over and over and over again every day!

17. bill.g

bill.g Well-Known Member

They not only believe, but they know for certain they exist.

18. Isthmus

Sounds fine with me. You'd find me in the back of the mystery machine satisfying the munchies with shaggy and scoobie, while trying to compete with Velma for Daphne's affections (Fred did seem to have other interests afterall). :p

19. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If vampires exist, why can't witches?

20. Isthmus

I have a question about vampires that has always bugged me. I get it that vampires (except for the moody pushover ones from twilight) can generally be killed one of two sure ways, sunlight or a stake through the heart. I guess you can't do a lot about sunlight (though I have to question if a full body suit might not help a bit), but what about death by stake? I mean, If I were a vampire and I knew that we aren't the most popular beings, and that every tom dick and harry knows how to kill me, I would be wearing the shit out of some kevlar like 24/7. I mean, seriously , you might as well paint a bullseye on your chest otherwise.

Also, I would be a heavy investor in blood banks and carry the bags around like caprisun baggies. Just because you're a blood sucking predator it doesn't mean you have to be uncivilized. ;)

21. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

:D
    You forgot about fire and decapitation.

Sunlight is the easiest as they make really good sunblock now that stops almost all of the UV rays. Fire can be avoided just like it can for humans. That just leaves protecting the heart and neck. There are implants (not breast) made of steal that can be placed over the heart that will block straight on attacks. The neck is the really weak point, but it is also very hard to cut all the way through. Since nobody travels with a sword or axe anymore it doesn't concern to many. The whole myth thing really helps everyone.

As far as blood banks, they are very popular and one of the reasons the death toll is always low. It is hard to carry blood around though. It won't last long without refrigeration and it is terrible cold. It is much better than having to kill though.

22. smacky

smacky Banned

I see one everyday on the transit to class. She sits in the front. I don't like her.

23. zep

zep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

24. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, there are things that I can't explain. I don't necessarily believe in ghosts, witches and the like, but I can't say for 100% that that ghosts and magic absolutely do not exist.

25. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

It's laughable that some many people believe in paranormal stuff. If something strange happens (like a coincidence), it's easily explained by the law of truly large numbers.

But the Sasquatch really does exist though!

j/k