2150Mah Extended life Battery rocks !!!!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the 2150 Mah battery last night and put it through the wringer today to see how good it was.
    I've had the phone on now for 10 hours with over 1/2 that time playing internet radio(Over Bluetooth to car radio!!) mixed with web browsing and a couple dozen texts.
    So far the battery is at 54% left and it looks like I could stream internet radio all day long with this battery and never kill it !!
    Awesome !!
    My question is, what the heck took so long for HTC and Verizon to release this thing !!!:D
    Two thumbs up on the extended life battery !!!

Advertisement
  2. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

does it come with extended back cover as well?

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yup, sure does

I had the silicone case and used my xacto knife to trim the middle part out, allowing the bigger battery hump to protrude.
    Turns out, it looks good but I'm waiting for a new silicone case to come out for those who have this extended life battery and I'll replace with that.

4. Tony N.

Tony N. Well-Known Member

+1 on this thread. I cannot go throughout my day without being conservative on stock battery. 2150mah battery fixed this issue. I can use my phone more and still have some battery left over at the end of the day.

Btw, when you connect your phone to your car via bluetooth does it broadcast all sounds coming from your phone? Like if you were playing music from Pandora it would play through your car speakers?

5. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

I don't believe this will work unless your radio supports newer bluetooth technology whereby you can stream music via BT. If it can't do this, it's not going to stream all the sounds and stuff. You'll need to hook up an AUX cable via the headphone jack.

6. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

I was so excited to finally have a batter that I could rock hard all day and night without having to worry about draining to fast. I thought the days of monitoring background activity and monitoring running applications were gone. I was proud to know that anyone can play with the phone and play games, and I was even prouder that I could use navigation whenever I wanted and not worry about where i'll be next and if i can charge the phone, with all that being said, as soon as I received it and saw the size of it, and saw the back case, all my dreams and hopes went down the drain. I refused to accept it and embrace it. It transformed one of the hottest, slimmest, fasted phones on the market into a Zack Morris phone, and honestly, it was hideous. If i were to put it in my pocket, it stuck out like I had a Stephen King book in my right front pocket (ok, im exagerating a little bit), but bottom line, too big for me. I went with the 1750 and now I dont care as much about usage, but I still do watch for battery draining operations and try to keep them to a minimum if i know i wont be able to charge for a while. But since I'm in an office all day, with a charger, I realized the size of the extended battery isnt for me. Again, only my opinion and my opinion is always pointless. Don't mean to hijack, just wanted to share the excitement with you, and wish I wasnt so OCD and wish i could accept the battery size :(

mttfrog13 likes this.
  7. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

I know that I love my phone very much but I don't want to impregnate it.

mttfrog13 likes this.
  8. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

well i want to add a 2nd opinion to my first opinion. After charging my phone on the way home to a full charge at 7pm, and after using my phone with 50 minutes of talk time, some 3g surfing (which was stupid, i should have turned on wifi) - some market installing and uninstalling, some you-tube, the phone was at 3% by 12 midnight. So 5 hours i went from 100 to 3%, that really sucks. Yeah i used it a little more than i would because i was home with a charger, but this really is not good for a 1750 mah battery. Im starting to think impregnating the phone will give us a better experience with the phone since we wont have to monitor or think about our usage.

Can someone post a real time picture with the phone in hand with the extended battery and battery door in place? i want to see how it looks in a real world picture, its hard to see how it would really look with a stock photo, i need to see how it looks in someone's hand or when compared to a pack of cigarettes or similar.

9. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I feel very similar and returned it within hours. Glad to hear for those that don't mind the size increase it's giving them more phone time away from the charger though!

10. slackfumasta

slackfumasta Well-Known Member

I love the battery, don't really care about the size increase.

I found it amusing though that the other day I set my wallpaper to be the Super Mario Live wallpaper, and instead of having at least half a battery left by the time I went to bed (midnight-ish), I was getting the warning to charge my battery at 5:30. That wallpaper is a greedy sumbitch.

Normally though, with a standard live wallpaper, all my sync stuff happening as often as possible, and playing music over bluetooth all day I never come close to killing the battery.

11. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Use your seidio and use the stock as a spare. Get an external charger and just always use that when one dies swap it out with the good one. You'll never have to worry about bump charging and you give your phone a nice refresh every day. It's a win win. I did that with my Seidio and stock and it was good. But I needed more , so now I have a 2150 again, another on the way and I'm waiting on a 2600 so basically I have 6900mah of power haha.

12. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Simply amazing, no more having to stop playing with my droid in fear ill drop all my battery and have no phone. This thing wont die! heh. I watched about an hour of dethklok on my phone, listened to some radio, played zelda on snes for about 40 mins. still over 50%

13. adeep

adeep New Member

Got my 2150 battery and cover last week. Carges almost as fast as standard battery. Life is fantastic. Went away for the weekend and used phone quite abit. Still had plenty of charge left when I got home. As for the new cover, the actual difference is minimal. Heft and size make the INC feel better to me. I have big hands and I feel more confident holding the phone. All in all, definitely a big plus and worth the investment.

14. eguilherme

eguilherme New Member

Just got my 2150 battery yesterday & the size increase is really no a big deal. I notice the weight difference more when it's in my pocket, but it does feel better in the hand for phone calls. It's nice to not have to remember to charge it in the middle of the day anymore :)