"Support

1. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

Anyone having issues with the "

Advertisement
  2. OpenEtna

OpenEtna New Member

Never realised that there is no pound symbol :/ strange. Just had a look and can't find it anywhere.
  3. dunjamon

It's got it on the physical KB, but when you press it you get a $. WTF?!
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Where are you located? Are you sure you have your Mliestone set up as English UK?
  5. dunjamon

Yeah, I'm in the North-West. I've been through all the KB and language settings, but can't see a way to correct it. The on-screen KB also only has a $ on it.
  6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

A good point. I hadn't spotted that either. The Euro key also doesn't work (not that I'd really need that).

I replaced the soft keyboard with "Better Keyboard" which does have a
  7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I have a UK Milestone with 2.2 software and the Pund sign works perfectly fine.
  8. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

How odd... I've pinged Motorola anyway. Will see what they say.
  9. dunjamon

Szadzik...where did you get you're from? I got mine from Expansys. I've sent an email to Moto too and put it on Expansys site to see if they know. Seems like a European setting missing as the Euro button is not being recognised either.
  10. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Dunjamon - we both may have misread that. Szadzik has a Milestone 1, not a Milestone 2. There is as you say a mapping gone awry somewhere in the Milestone 2 firmware.
  11. dunjamon

Aha...makes sense. Here's the response from Moto:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

In response to your email, we would like to inform you, that to select the "
  12. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

They've misunderstood your email. It should be pointed out that there is no $ symbol on the hardware keyboard...

However, this does give you the work around. Hold alt then hit
  13. dogei22

dogei22 New Member

Definitely a bug, the EURO sign on my physical keyboard (top left button) gives no symbol when pressed, only a space/tab. The Alt + POUND combination throws in an DOLLAR sign.

I hope this will be addressed in a software update soon.

EDIT: This happens regardless of local settings, i.e. UK or US.
  14. dunjamon

Hears the email I got back:

In response to your email, we would like to inform you, that the phone works as designed. There is no setting that can change this function. Regarding the physical keyboard, the Euro button (top left) is the tab key. The currency symbols are on "D" key.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us again, quoting your Customer Reference number.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Kind regards,

Areti
  15. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Ignoring the question really. I would ask for someone else to reply to the issue. Areti is trying to give you the run around.

I've still not heard back from moto. I sent them a message about this and a couple of other niggles I've been having.
  16. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I've had a very similar response from Moto now. They seem unable to grasp the concept that there is a
  17. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Have managed to 'get through' to Moto at last.

"Regarding the
  18. dunjamon

At least you got a straight answer.

I've never used the Calender Widget, I use Pure Grid Calender instead.

Not sure if this is linked, but I have the opposite issue with Facebook. Will upload fine through the app, but quick upload via Blur and it fails to send and shows the same error you are getting.
  19. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Hmm, was considering trying pure calendar anyway.

I may try removing my Google account and re-adding or something similar see if I can get picassa to work.
  20. talvi

talvi Well-Known Member

see below
  21. talvi

talvi Well-Known Member

Thanks to Szadzik for this ..... hold Alt+
  22. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Still, it should give you a
  23. talvi

talvi Well-Known Member

Yaays, that would seem to be the elementary logic. We'd get well pissed off (no pun intended) if the sign on the door to the Gents led us into the Ladies! Well the women would be! :D
  24. dunjamon

That's what moto told me when I was trying to explain to them that the way the physical KB is laid out, I shouldn't have to do this. Suppose we'll just have to wait for an update for an actual fix.
  25. talvi

talvi Well-Known Member

True!