*228 not working after Root and going to Froyo

Last Updated:

1. khanusma

khanusma Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I decided to try to goto Froyo. I have never previously rooted before this experience.

I followed the instructions here and on the internets and was successfully able to update my phone in the following order:

> Radio OTA leak
    > Unrevoked3 Root
    > Froyo ROM
    > Market fix "fingerprint_froyo.zip"

Now I am unable to *228 and program with either a 1 or a 2. The message "programming in progress" does come up but after about 10 seconds, the voice tells me that I cannot update at this time and I should call customer service.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot? I assume its due to the upgrade and not a coincidence.

Advertisement
  2. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

Not that it's the same issue as when I used to load blackberry OS's but every now and again that would happen where *228 would not work. I always thought it was something I did wrong... But after discovering it worked later, i'd just wait a while and try it again... Sometimes the ota activation programming is down for some reason or another.

and why wouldn't you do *22899 instead of *228?

3. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Well-Known Member

Just tried it. Updated roaming, button 2. Worked just fine. Running leaked Froyo 2.2.

4. khanusma

khanusma Active Member This Topic's Starter

I fixed the problem. I went to bed and woke up and now there seem to be no issues. Works for me :).

Obviously I don't know what happened to resolve the problem but *228 1 and 2 are now working.

Thanks for the responses.

5. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Well-Known Member

Not to sound overly noobish but what's the difference. *22899 I just tried seems to just go straight in. What does it do differently or is it just like going straight to option 1?

6. JustDroid

JustDroid Well-Known Member

*22899 does both options automatically without you having to do *228 then option 1, reboot, call *228 again and do option 2. Saves a little time and effort.

andreezy likes this.