24 Hour wait btwn updates--possible to edit config fileSupport

Last Updated:

1. SCMProfessor

SCMProfessor New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I am having problems (like many people) with the updates.

I have tried shifting the date forward 24 hours, as I have adjusted various configurations to try to get things working. I am now up to one week ahead.

Since we are so easily able to "fool" the system with this trick, it would seem that there is a local file that stores this information.

Anyone know where that file is, and how easy it would be to edit it?

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

From another poster:

===

I stumbled upon this while looking for the DB that stores all the OTA update information...because somehow I managed to do something that resulted in my waiting 8100 hours (~370 days! LOL) before I can check for an update again. I posted this at XDA too.

You need to be rooted for this to work.

Open ADB/terminal emulator and run the following commands:

su
    cd /dbdata/databases/com.wssyncmldm
    cp wssdmdatabase.db wssdmdatabase.bak
    rm wssdmdatabase.db
    reboot

What this does is it backups up your wssdmdatabase.db file and deletes it. This file stores the timestamp in which you last ran a manual check for an update. The OS won't let you check for an update until you are 24 hours past this timestamp. Deleting it forces the OS to recreate it again and allows you to check for an update as well.

===

3. SCMProfessor

SCMProfessor New Member This Topic's Starter

Everyone should give you total props for this--at least those of us that can't get the update to work...