.246 ICS Leak for your informationGeneral

1. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Rootable, same security, no soak that I know of so lets put that rumor to bed.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
    Lars and Thom like this.
  2. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

Can we make up a new rumor?
  3. dautley

Write one up for us wildkitten! :)
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

5. Thom

Beat her to it ...

the Bionic ICS OTA will be released ... sometime

... Thom
  6. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

I still don't feel outdated on 232 :)
  7. Lodmot

Lodmot New Member

Why the hell is this thread here? FYI, we're NOT supposed to be spreading this around...

EDIT: Apparently everything's okay, so disregard this post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  8. jscott96

jscott96 Well-Known Member

SirEagle likes this.
  9. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

10. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

The ICS OTA will come with a bow in it, just in time for Christmas... I hate it when I'm right.
  11. Thom

The reference says ...

"ICS Upgrade (Android 4.0.4) rollout to begin in Q4."

What is not mentioned is the year.

Verizon is known to be "very creative".

(For the last 12+ months they have been telling me that 4G was coming to my town in December.)

... Thom
  12. wildkitten

They're going to skip ICS altogether for us and give us, not JB, but Windows Phone 8.
  13. dautley

At least flash seems to work properly on .246 but maybe Verizon needs 3 more months to tweak their bloat, then again there's smoke and mirrors....
  14. dautley

I heard that one except it was vouchers for refurbished iPhone 3's......
  15. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

How do you feel about 246 with the combined news that the Q3 deadline got pushed back yet again? Flash even works now? Would you still recommend staying with 232? Now that they're saying the official update won't be until Q4, I'm thinking about finally breaking the 232 barrier and just flashing one of the newer ones and worry about how to accept the OTA update IF it ever comes out later.
  16. Thom

What I have been reading is ... hold off on making any decision until Tuesday.

... Thom
  17. dautley

I know they are saying Q4 now but that doesn't necessarily mean it will take near that long, it just means they may miss the third quarter deadline.
    As far as going beyond .232 , it also means they could have another three months to do something radical so you probably shouldn't unless you have a good reason to do so.
    Remember what ever Verizon decides to finally push out you will need to be on .195 to get it, or have to hunt it down to install with something like HOB because .195 is the only thing the ICS soak or OTA will ever push to.
  18. dautley

Is that cause Samuri is on vacation and won't officially update HOB to support it till he gets back or something to do with Verizon Thom?
  19. wildkitten

Speaking of doing something radical, what are the chances they may skip ICS altogether and go straight to JB at this point since they did say they would do JB for the Bionic?
  20. Thom

I happened on something and can't go into it at this time. If you've been waiting all this time ... wait until Tuesday/Wednesday.

Based on the trends I've been watching over the last year I would not be surprised that they did away with the soak test. What purpose does it serve? The 5.9.905 soak test was accompanied by a mini-release.

... Thom
  21. HotPepper

HotPepper Well-Known Member

**** moto then. This is bs. Now i have to wait even longer to fix 4g dat
  22. dautley

I have no idea, but I would say JB instead of ICS is not going to happen, I'll even go out on a limb (like with every build) and say there is a good chance that this might be it as flash seems to be finally fixed but we all know not to hold our breath on that one.
  23. dautley

Wasn't really a soak on Droid 4 and the old Moto is gone, so it wouldn't surprise me.
  24. Thom

25. HotPepper

HotPepper Well-Known Member

The thing is i shouldnt have to do something on my own time when im paying for a premium service that they know is screwed up!!!