25 Tricks and Tips for the Droid Video

1. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Nicely done video by Droid-Life. 25 tricks and tips in under 10 mins. Even though I've had the Droid since day 1, there are a couple tips they had that I never knew you could do!

droid life: a motorola droid blog

Advertisement
    :
    IamReady and Flahusky like this.
  2. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

hmm, may check it out when i get home. i bet it is all pretty standard, or joe (aka messenger13) has told us most of it, but it still may be good to watch, learn a bit.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

AWESOME - thanks! :D
  4. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

Great find. Thanks.
  5. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

I learned a couple things :)
    Nice find thank you!
  6. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

+1
    Great stuff!
  7. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

What's that clock/weather widget he's running?
  8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I learned ... umm ... well ... OK, nothing. :eek: But you guys knew that, right? LOL But I have to say that is a really great job of recording 25 tips in under 10 minutes. And the guy actually sounds like he has an IQ above a primate. Impressive! Bravo Droid-Life!

Just the Beautiful Home Widgets clock, with a different skin. They have about a million now.

Where do I send the check again?
  9. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Joe,

How do I get a "Premium" android tag on my thing like yours? Do I need like X amount of posts? hahaha
  10. messenger13

Just costs $$$ baby, that's all. CLICK ;)
  11. gonzoguy24

Ahh so i see now...lol
  12. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

I see that for the $, you also get a "warm and fuzzy feeling".
    When I read Messenger's posts, I get that for free.
    Would I be able to handle a double dose? :p

ok, back to the thread -- didn't know about holding down the camera key to launch the camera. Intuitively, I had tried it before with no luck, wondering if it would work. I must have been releasing a nanosecond too early. Tried it again with conviction and poof -- :eek: camera! Yee-ha!

It really is the little things in life... :rolleyes:
  13. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Same here. I also didn't know that holding down the search button a little longer also goes right to voice search. I use that a lot to search faster than the wife on her PC and it ticks her off to no end when I have the answer first :D
  14. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

This video inspired me to go looking for other things that aren't obvious, and I found that by holding the home button, a little window comes up and shows you the last 6 apps you used. Some of you probably knew that, but I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned anywhere. So, if you didn't know it, enjoy the new info. If you did, well, move along, nothing to see here. :D
  15. messenger13

I'm seeing a trend here. It's almost like long-pressing is the key that opens many doors. ;)
  16. gonzoguy24

press menu...now press and hold menu...shows shortcuts to certain menu things...for instance...with keyboard open press and hold menu and then press "w" to open wallpaper options...

Pretty pointless but just found this hahahaha
  17. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

DROID, the gift that keeps on giving . . . ;)
  18. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

i didn't learn anything new from the video, but that is something totally new to me! cool (if pointless) :D
  19. c1808us

c1808us Member

nice tips but im not able to sinc facebook contacts like he did in the video
  20. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Well-Known Member

ooglyboo

lol
  21. HaunteD CoucH

HaunteD CoucH Well-Known Member

credit for talking that fast and giving me useful tips.
  22. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

I learned two things, do I remember them?
    Nope! Wait one was the facebook contacts lol the other yeah no... lol.
  23. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

That was a very entertaining video and I learned a few things in the process. Thanks.
  24. l3rian

l3rian Active Member

HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR HOW TO MERGE FACEBOOK CONTACTS FOREVER! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Awesome Video
  25. kellex

kellex Member

Haha, glad you found that tip useful. :)