• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

I have purchased a S4 Model i9500 secondhand. 4.2.2 Kernel version 3.4.5. Baseband 19500XXUAMDE. Software V90.06
Google Play wont work. Cant download apps. Wondering if it is a fake? Factory reset and now says No IMEI?
I have no idea what all the codes etc mean. Can anyone advise?
cheers

Hello and welcome to Android Forums GDT :)

To help determine if your i9500 octa core, non 4G/LTE model is genuine or not, see, Fake, clone, not genuine, Galaxy S4 phones

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm writing this hoping to find a solution.

I rooted my S4 some months ago and since my device is acting weird. Device restarts sometimes when the screen sleeps, the Home screen(TouchWiz Home) freezes randomly when turned on and Restart when turned on after sleep randomly, specially when a call comes after its sleep and answered.

Please help me with this. Following are some info about the device.

Device : Samsung Galaxy S4
Model: GT-I9505
Country : (Don't know, my cousin gave this to me when he got a new. How to check country? Well I'm currently in Sri Lanka)
AP: I9505XXUGNJ1
CP: I9505XXUGNJ1
CSC: I9505TNZGNJ1
Android Version : 4.4.2
Device Status: Custom(Official before root)

Please ask if anymore info is needed and tell how to find them... Still nOOb! Lol

Thanks in advance!

But I mentioned them before. And you said it's the International Version.

Upvote 0
But I mentioned them before. And you said it's the International Version.

I cover a large number of forums and make around 20 - 30 posts/replies every day and I think I can be forgiven for not remembering 1 particular post from 18 days and around 400 posts ago. ;)

As regards to your restart problem, you can try wiping the cache partition as per #1.3 of S4 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Failing that, run your phone in Safe Mode for a few hours to see if the problem persists. If not, it is a user app or setting that is likely to be causing your issue. See #1.4 of the aforementioned guide.

As a last resort you can do a Full Wipe + Factory Data Reset and monitor your phone before re-installing any apps. See #2.3, #2.4 and #2.5 of the aforementioned guide.

Upvote 0
I cover a large number of forums and make around 20 - 30 posts/replies every day and I think I can be forgiven for not remembering 1 particular post from 18 days and around 400 posts ago. ;)

As regards to your restart problem, you can try wiping the cache partition as per #1.3 of S4 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Failing that, run your phone in Safe Mode for a few hours to see if the problem persists. If not, it is a user app or setting that is likely to be causing your issue. See #1.4 of the aforementioned guide.

As a last resort you can do a Full Wipe + Factory Data Reset and monitor your phone before re-installing any apps. See #2.3, #2.4 and #2.5 of the aforementioned guide.

Omg. Lol. No worries.
I tried Wiping Cache and Running it in Safe mode. But still restarts. Is there anything I can do before Factory Reset?

Upvote 0
Ok. I found a app called Triangle Away to flash to official status. From there I can get a official software update.

Also it says that it might Brick the device unless your running a Stock Samsung Kernel. So under my conditions will it Brick?

Seems you may have answered your own question!

Triangle Away, "should", work on the i9505. However, bear in mind that it has not been updated since Jan: 2014 and, "may", not take Lollipop into account. I would use a USB jig or just not worry about the triangle and treat it as a badge of honour for rooting.

Flashing a stock Samsung firmware will get rid of it and unroot you. For more precise information, see chainfire's website...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/orig-development/2014-01-15-triangleaway-v3-26-t1494114

Upvote 0
Seems you may have answered your own question!

Triangle Away, "should", work on the i9505. However, bear in mind that it has not been updated since Jan: 2014 and, "may", not take Lollipop into account. I would use a USB jig or just not worry about the triangle and treat it as a badge of honour for rooting.

Flashing a stock Samsung firmware will get rid of it and unroot you. For more precise information, see chainfire's website...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/orig-development/2014-01-15-triangleaway-v3-26-t1494114

My device is KitKat (4.4.2). So do I have Stock Kernel? That's what keeps me worrying.

Upvote 0
If you have rooted your phone or flashed a custom ROM you will not have a stock kernel. If you are running stock Samsung, unrooted, firmware, then your kernel will be stock

That's weird. It says Triangle Away require root. And to make sure it's Stock Kernel. So will I be able to Use it? I'm rooted with "Cf auto root" through Odin.

Please please tell me. Will I be able run without Bricking?

Upvote 0
That's weird. It says Triangle Away require root. And to make sure it's Stock Kernel. So will I be able to Use it? I'm rooted with "Cf auto root" through Odin.

Please please tell me. Will I be able run without Bricking?

As per my post #60...

Upvote 0
Lol ok. Done!

Seems to be working fine. But still the root is there and When I tried downloading System Update but it keeps on saying "Connecting to Server" nothing happens. Also in the Settings, status it says "Custom".

In Download Mod,
i. Binary : Samsung Official
ii. Status : Official
iii. Knox Void (or something like that) : 0x1

In TraingleAway itself,
i. Binary : Official

What is going on???

Upvote 0
Lol ok. Done!

Seems to be working fine. But still the root is there and When I tried downloading System Update but it keeps on saying "Connecting to Server" nothing happens. Also in the Settings, status it says "Custom".

In Download Mod,
i. Binary : Samsung Official
iii. Knox Void (or something like that) : 0x1

In TraingleAway itself,
i. Binary : Official

What is going on???

It is saying, "Official", because you are running stock firmware. As for Knox, see #1.0 of [International] Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide.

You can check your rooted status with Root Checker, as per #2.5 of the aforementioned guide.

Since your questions are now regarding root it might be a good idea to read through that guide and post there. ;)

Upvote 0
It is saying, "Official", because you are running stock firmware. As for Knox, see #1.0 of [International] Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide.

You can check your rooted status with Root Checker, as per #2.5 of the aforementioned guide.

Since your questions are now regarding root it might be a good idea to read through that guide and post there. ;)

Oh Damn! Isn't there really a way to Reset KNOX? It's like a BlackBox! Damn freaking Tech! :thinking:

What if I contact Samsung and say I messed around without knowing stuff. And ask a way to reset it... :D

Upvote 0
What if I contact Samsung and say I messed around without knowing stuff. And ask a way to reset it... :D

There is only one way to trip the Knox security flag, as mentioned in the Rooting Dummies Guide. So Samsung will know you have rooted your phone! Also, do you really think that they would be stupid enough to tell you what you need to do to reset the efuse for Knox? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
There is only one way to trip the Knox security flag, as mentioned in the Rooting Dummies Guide. So Samsung will know you have rooted your phone! Also, do you really think that they would be stupid enough to tell you what you need to do to reset the efuse for Knox? :rolleyes:

Lol. I'll say that I rooted it and didn't knew what root was, well I didn't knew it really. :cool: Will that work I mean they'll atleast do something remotely! Lol. Freaking Technology o_O

So where was that Technical Support Email :oops:

Upvote 0
Lol. I'll say that I rooted it and didn't knew what root was, well I didn't knew it really. :cool:

Forget it. Rooting voids your warranty.

Will that work I mean they'll atleast do something remotely!

Knox resetting requires the phone to be sent away and the efuse to be physically reset by a Samsung engineer.

Upvote 0
Forget it. Rooting voids your warranty.

Knox resetting requires the phone to be sent away and the efuse to be physically reset by a Samsung engineer.

Hi ironass. Sorry im a newbie here. Seems like you know alot about rooting and stuff. :) So recently , I just rooted my Samsung s4 , and removed some apps , before uprooting it. The "unfortunately , samsung hub had closed " message literally pops out every second. And I need urgent help :'( .

Upvote 0
Hi ironass. Sorry im a newbie here. Seems like you know alot about rooting and stuff. :) So recently , I just rooted my Samsung s4 , and removed some apps , before uprooting it. The "unfortunately , samsung hub had closed " message literally pops out every second. And I need urgent help :'( .

Information about my device

Device name : Samsung galaxy s4
Model number : GT-I9505
AP : I9505XXUFNBE
CP : I9505XXUFNBE
CSC : i9505OLBFNB3

Would be glad if you could help out :)

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Lies_and_deception :)

Have you tried flashing the stock Samsung firmware to your phone since you un-rooted?

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums Lies_and_deception :)

Have you tried flashing the stock Samsung firmware to your phone since you un-rooted?
Umm... no I am not sure how to do it. I had just searched the net to find for more details , but I do know how to flash the stock firmware. I heard that I must connect my phone to the computer , but im not sure what to do next. :( anyway , thanks for your reply :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones