1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General 2G limit

1. dthgtr

dthgtr Member

I remember reading a month or two ago about VM going to a 2G data "limit" (then it slows down) per month beginning in Oct.
    I just did my Nov. payment and under the plan history it is still showing unlimited data.

I found nothing on the sight that says anything about the 2G/month.
    Does anybody know anything current about this? Did they change there minds?

I am not a heavy data user so I really don't know how much data I am using per month and my account page at VM does not list my actual data usage per month.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

They have postponed the change until further notice. They said only a very small percent (it was in the single digits) were going over the 2.5gig threshold, but a lot of stink was raised over it so I'm guessing they thought better of the idea.
  3. G19

G19 Well-Known Member

Initially it annoyed me to hear that. But I use internet everyday, Pandora a few hours a week, download ROM and theme updates and everything else and can't get over 1GB per month.
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

They were really targeting the hotspot and tethering user who have the potential for causing missed revenue by allowing those not on there service ,free service through said hotspot and tethering activities.
  5. KOAM

KOAM Well-Known Member

hiwatt and AndyOpie150 like this.
  6. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

I've been using that too. Nowhere even close to 2gb in a month. Very useful, or at least informative app.
  7. dthgtr

dthgtr Member

Thanks, for the responses. I'll give that app a try.

Latter.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

When I was testing apps for watching my data each month, I found 3G Watchdog to be the best one. So that's another one you can try out.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  9. G19

G19 Well-Known Member

I also used 3g watchdog
  10. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I use droid stats because it tracks my minutes and messages as well as data.
    KOAM, Petrah and AndyOpie150 like this.
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Thanks MacFett! Another new app to play with lol.