• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well I just got the Sprint one and noticed the low amount of available space on the device after I got it setup the way I like. This drove me here where I quickly found the out why. (Thank you) I am very disappointed to find out that the device only has 2GB of internal storage.

I have a HTC EVO which has 1 GB of internal memory and I am down to just under 100MB even though I have moved everything I can to SD. The 2GB limit could become an issue eventually since apps will get bigger over time and they all take some amount of internal memory.

Radio Shack had it $50 off the normal non contract price at $450 and TMobile won't match that. I am seriously considering taking the Sprint one back and paying the extra $50 for the TMobile version.

I'm happy with my T-Mobile one. I am an avid VZW customer for phones. I was skeptical about the T-Mobile Network since I wanted the data plan. It's not VZW good but it aint bad either. I have 3g service most places I go and they are rolling out real 4g next year. I think you will be happy. Just so you know, T-Mobile, like all Tabs, have 2gb internal OS memory as well... they just have the extra 16gb of Internal SD card. They even call it Internal SD too. I don't think you would run out of memory as long as you have enough storage card capacity. My Incredible only has 2gb of internal as well but has the 8gb internal sd so to speak. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
It makes me laugh when I read these forums about people being "surprised" AFTER buying the tab & realizing its only got 2gb of internal memory. Don't you people research stuff before shelling out a crapload of money for something?

The problem with that statement is that VZW and Sprint pimped their Galaxy Tabs as being 16gb models just like everyone else. They forgot to metion it was because of the Microsd card included. T-Mobile and AT&T likewise did not market their Galaxy Tab as having the Internal SD which I think was a mistep because it is a major selling feature. If you looked at the comparison spec sheets on all the Tab's, you could not sumise that the Sprint and VZW Tabs were Microsd only. It's not like that fact was written on any specs in bold letters. When VZW includes a Microsd card with a phone, they shout it from the roof tops. Not the case with the Tab which makes me think it was deliberate. Very underhanded if you ask me.

Upvote 0
Due to this memory difference and the ability to use bluetooth keyboard I returned my Sprint one and got the TMobile one. I am not using the 3g service on the tablet because I am using the WIFI hotspot on my rooted EVO so I don't care what carrier I have for the Tablet.

Now I just need a case with a bluetooth folding keyboard in it. :)

Upvote 0
I ended up getting the tmo tab in addition to the vz in an attempt to return the vz tab for the reasons stated in this thread exactly. However, the tmo tab still only has 2gb of internal memory but still better because you can have more memory after an ad card.
The biggest drawback I found is that the tmo version will only sync 1month of email(corporate sync instead of ALL on the droid x and vs GTAB.
Big drawback for me... I might have to wait for next version of ipad 2.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with my T-Mobile one. I am an avid VZW customer for phones. I was skeptical about the T-Mobile Network since I wanted the data plan. It's not VZW good but it aint bad either. I have 3g service most places I go and they are rolling out real 4g next year. I think you will be happy. Just so you know, T-Mobile, like all Tabs, have 2gb internal OS memory as well... they just have the extra 16gb of Internal SD card. They even call it Internal SD too. I don't think you would run out of memory as long as you have enough storage card capacity. My Incredible only has 2gb of internal as well but has the 8gb internal sd so to speak. Hope this helps.

Incredible does not have 2gb space. It has 8gb partitioned as:

748mb device storage (really does not, since runs out of space at 500mb)

6.6gb media storage

Microsd slot is up to 32gb.

Upvote 0
I have the tmobile Tab, and from everything I read, it has 16gb of internal memory..when I check my available memory, it says 12.66 or something close to it..

I thought that 2gb was allocated for device app space. People are saying there is 2gb for apps and a separate 16gb media, but that would be cost silly for Samsung to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones