• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2nd hand droid X, Will it warranty?

tonmarchelli

Nov 22, 2009
So, i got a droid x from my father in law who purchased for his account and never even activated it. mailed it right to me where it was activated on my verizon account.

my question relates to the dead pixels that have been popping up. a few red pixels, lower right of the screen, always there no matter what program i am in. Im reading that they are warranting the phone for this and the phone is in its 30 day warranty period but will it matter that i got it from another person and not directly from verizon?

If you switch a phone from one line to another you are voiding the waranty, now with that being said its up to the rep if they continue the warranty.

I've done this numerous times and never had it void warranties. Every time I've had to call in for warranty work, they've always just checked the original purchase date and honored the 1 yr warranty based on that. Most of the time they don't even ask for a receipt. A couple of times, they've used the activation date as the start date of the 1 yr warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones