2nd hand phone-2.2 update

Last Updated:

1. Jason762

Jason762 Member This Topic's Starter

I just received a second hand VZW Moto Droid. The phone and everything on it work fine except it is running Firmware 2.0 When I check for updates it says that there are no updates available. My old Droid that broke was running the 2.2 How do I upgrade to the 2.2 or will the update just appear one of these days? Also the yahoo mail app does not appear in the marlet on the new phone but I had been running it on my old phone. Is this due to the older operating system? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Check these out:
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...update-motrola-droid-frg01b-update-1-2-a.html

http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...update-motrola-droid-frg22d-update-2-2-a.html

Also, if you have your phone activated with both Verizon and Google, then the update should appear automatically. If you just activated it in the last few hours, you may want to give it some time to see if it gets pushed to your device. Otherwise, give those a try and they should work jsut fine. I believe the Yahoo Mail app is only compatible with Android 2.1 and above. Kratos

3. Jason762

Well those links worked, but the update failed apparently due to the fact that the phone is running 2.0 It looks like I firsy would have to update to 2.0.1 then to 2.1 then to 2.2 Unfortunately I can't find a working link for the 2.0.1 download. Any ideas?

4. kratos

Oh crap! I totally forgot about that. There is a full update floating around somewhere that will update you to 2.2 no matter what version you are currently on.

Give me a few and hopefully I will find it.

Kratos

Jason762 likes this.
  5. Jason762

Never mind, found it. Thanks

6. kratos

Let us know how it goes.

Kratos

7. Jason762

Went thru the process 2.0 to 2.0.1 to 2.1 to 2.2 and then it updated to the newer 2.2 OTA shortly thereafter. Everything appears to working well and I have my Yahoo mail app back. Thanks for the help.

8. kratos

No problem! Any time!

Kratos