2nd HTC EVO and saved info from another

Last Updated:

1. bugpack6

bugpack6 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello
    I purchased and HTC EVO about three weeks ago and then returned it and cancelled my contract for a few reasons. I ended up going back to sprint about a week later and purchased another EVO and signed back up for a new contract. This time around I ported my number over from ATT. The first time I did not.
    My question is...... When I set the NEW phone up last night and and finished all my set ups, I noticed that some of my contacts from the first phone had the same pictures by their info that I took from my first EVO. These pictures were taken on the first EVO phone. Then I looked at the rest of my people and all the phone numbers and info were already in there. I did a complete reset on the first phone to erase all data before returning the first phone.
    Does Android, Sprint, or Google save all info somewhere to be able to do this?
    It freeked me out that all this came back up on a brand new phone.
    Info.....I used the same Sprint customer account number but ported an old phone number over on this one.

Very weird that all this info is out there somewhere.....Please help settle my nerves...

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

My Google stuff has gone through two carriers and five phones now, retaining and syncing all info (or at least being there for me to manually "sync" ;)).

It's there forever, unless it's deleted by the user.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

As long as you sign into your google account and everything is backed up with google, all contacts and purchased market downloads will be linked to YOUR google account

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

yes, by default your contacts are Google contacts, and all into will be backed up securly to google. If you dont want this, and just want the contacts on your phone, change your contacts to Phone Contacts

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

what the others said..

you must have used the same google login that you used on the last EVO phone. If you set it up to auto sync with GOOGLE, then your info is retained.