• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2nd update--issues

jdb

Nov 7, 2009
Hope someone might have some insight, but I forsee a trip to verizon today...
Received the second 2.2 update this morning. My phone now freezes after trying to launch any app, getting a phone call, etc. It seems to load after rebooting but once I try and use the phone it freezes then shuts down.
I have pulled the battery several times. I have tried a factory reset, but actually couldn't do it. After I pushed the power/x key and got the triangle on my screen, it froze I guess. Holding the camera/volume up did not do anything.
I had some simalir issues with the first OTA of 2.2, but it seemed to work itslef out, other than a few minor quirks I did not worry about it too much. This does not seem to be working itself out and I have tried all that I know...any other thoughts on something I could try would be a help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones