2yr contract?General

Last Updated:

1. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i hear people talking about having the new every 2 contract,but saying they can get a new phone after 1 yr. i have never done this how does this work if i would try to do that?i was always told have to wait till time was up?

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

I always wondered the same. I believe they make you extend the contract by two more years if they give you the new contract price at any time. So you sign a contract for two more years after your original contract and you get a new phone at contract price that way.

You can always get a new phone, you just pay an ass-ton to get it. I would call and ask to clarify for myself, but I plan on selling two Erises and an EnV to fix my current phone situation. So it won't bother me. But call and ask as it may vary by customer too, like how long you've been a customer and all that.

3. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

After a year or so you get a discounted price on the phone in exchange for a new 2 year contract.

4. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

^+1

5. smacky

smacky Banned

So after one year, you can throw the old contract out and do another two year? It doesn't tack on to the original one for a total of four years, just three?

6. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

It overrides the current contract and you start from day 1 again.

You dont get the full discount that you would by waiting the almost 2 years, but its enough discount to make it worth upgrading, hence the reason most people get a new phone every 12-15 months.

7. H2342

H2342 Well-Known Member

yeah I think you get the discounted price plus $20 tacked onto it

so if u can get a new phone with 2 year contract for $99 then if u still have one year left it would cost u $119

I might be wrong though

8. smacky

smacky Banned

I see.

9. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

Orthe employee accounts have 1 yr contracts with full discounting every year

10. smacky

smacky Banned

Don't they also pay like...$30 a month too?

11. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

It is half priced...so everything is half that which is listed...I am on my brothers plan...we have 4 phones (all smart) 2000 anytime minutes, unlimited everything else (text, nights weekends, mobile to mobile and such), and we pay a total of 160 for all 4 phones. And get a free upgrade every year