3.29.651.5 update?

Last Updated:

1. cremona

cremona Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was told never to download the ota updates. How new is this update? Im running baked snacks 1.7 or 1.75 and was wondering if anyone has further information on what to do?

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

wait for the rom dev to build a new rom, then wipe cache and dalvik and flash it

3. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

4. cremona

cremona Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry for maybe a dumb question, but how necesary is it for me to wipe data if i flash 1.8 baked snack over my 1.7....is there a way i dont have to sync my facebook and everything all over again? and reinstall all my apps through mybackup....

5. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

This is taken directly from the bakedsnackshack.com forum re: flashing 1.8

I would suggest you follow his leading and just bite the bullet and do the data and cache wipe before you flash. As always, do a nandroid just in case something happens.

If you haven't downloaded Titanium Backup, I would suggest you do so and then backup all user apps and system data BEFORE you flash the ROM. After flashing, redownload TB from the Market and then restore your user apps with data and you should be good. You may have to manually do some re-syncing and app reinstalling but it shouldn't be too bad.

Titanium Backup ? root - Android app on AppBrain